Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

Good Asian Airports for P3D4.?

Hi Everyone

Based in Australia and a lover of PMDG B737 and B777 I am very excited to see Imaginesim's WSSS almost ready for release.  I am wondering what other quality major Asian destinations are available out there for P3D4

It has been killing me holding off for a native P3D VHHH (I know about VHHX from FT but not into an airport that doesn't exist anymore).  Just not sure I want patched versions of from Taxi 2 gate as I hear they have a few issues. and don't think there is a P3D compatible RJAA yet!!

Any thoughts on Pacsims RCTP and WF Scenery Studio's ZBAA.  Is there a decent Shanghai anywhere?

Looking for a few shorter hauls from WSSS and to link on to Aerosoft PANC.

Thanks for any info.

Cheers

Tim

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

In the same dilemma! Really thinking about wsss also, but don’t want to do ultra long hails from my other payware just to fly there. Looking forward to reading these comments. 

Orman

I'll give it a try....

Actually, there is quite a number of useable sceneries out there - even if not (all) purely P3DV4 ones.

Without any order of preference, I am useing those:

VTBS (A_A payware, FSX with mods)

VTSP (A_A payware, FSX with mods)

VTCC (freeware, I think the latest version can be found here on AVSIM)

I wish Tic would make a new VTSM, because that one I can not get to work

this is as far as Thailand goes...

WMKK (A_A payware, FSX not modded)

WBGG - Kuching (MFSG payware, P3D)

WMKK - Kota Kinabalu (MFSG payware, P3D)

WADD - Bali (Aerosoft payware, P3D)

RCTP, Taipei of course (Pacsim payware, P3D) - sorry finger trouble before 😕

and RPLL (also Pacsim payware, P3D)

VCBI has a freeware and, IIRC also a payware version

China has plenty of working payware:

ZSSS, ZSPD, ZSHC, ZGGG, ZSAM, ZLXY (all P3D) and of course ZBAA which I do not have, waiting for A_A's version

VHHH by T2G is working well here, don't know what problems there are supposed to be

I am sure I have forgotten some.

Edited by A340Bangla
typos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Can’t go wrong with any PacSim sceneries.  RCTP and RPLL imho are their best Asian sceneries.

• Like 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I'll also add BDOaviation Kansai - RJBB and PacSim is about to release RKSI - Incheon.

FYI, PacSim does not do RPLC, Clark International but RPLL is correct.

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

19 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I'll also add BDOaviation Kansai - RJBB and PacSim is about to release RKSI - Incheon.

FYI, PacSim does not do RPLC, Clark International but RPLL is correct.

You like the BDO Kansai Dan?

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Thanks for the info A340Bangla. 

Was under the impression the VHHH and other Taxi2Gate sceneries were sketchy at best - is this not the case - I have been waiting of a compatible VHHH and OTHH?

Regards

Barra

42 minutes ago, barramundilure said:

You like the BDO Kansai Dan?

Very much so. Great Scenery. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, barramundilure said:

Thanks for the info A340Bangla. 

Was under the impression the VHHH and other Taxi2Gate sceneries were sketchy at best - is this not the case - I have been waiting of a compatible VHHH and OTHH?

Of course, T2G's VHHH is outdated - the second terminal is not there (or under construction...), no dynamic lights - but I rarely fly at night. Even then, it beats the default and I bought it long time ago.

I have OTHH too, but have not visited it often enough to make a real judgement.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

14 minutes ago, A340Bangla said:

Of course, T2G's VHHH is outdated - the second terminal is not there (or under construction...), no dynamic lights - but I rarely fly at night. Even then, it beats the default and I bought it long time ago.

I have OTHH too, but have not visited it often enough to make a real judgement.

Do you know if the developer intends to revamp them any time soon?

Regards

Barra

I would hope so, but have really no idea.

Erhard

Pacsims RPLL and RCTP are definitely great and worth having. Aerosofts WADD is also one of their best (I am usually not a big Aerosoft fan but this one is really good).

If you go the other direction, there are two very high quality freeware airports for VOHS and VOBL in India (available here on avsim I guess). In my opinion definitely payware level.

VTBS from A_A is nice but quite outdated and I wouldn't buy it now again. It is ok to use if you already own it but not worth the full price now for P3Dv4.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

1 hour ago, officercrockey said:

I am usually not a big Aerosoft fan but this one is really good

Please remember Aerosoft is a huge publisher and most of their sceneries are developed by different external teams.
So not being an 'Aerosoft fan' may rather indicate not liking their approach to things (I would guess?) than the scenery quality itself.
Some really tallented folks (e.g. Jo Erlend or A-Flight) have developed for them.

Edited by Rafal
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rafal said:

Please remember Aerosoft is a huge publisher and most of their sceneries are developed by different external teams.
So not being an 'Aerosoft fan' may rather indicate not liking their approach to things (I would guess?) than the scenery quality itself.
Some really tallented folks (e.g. Jo Erlend or A-Flight) have developed for them.

Yes you are absolutely right. It is (maybe because of their approach to things) that they don't really attract the top notch developers to develop under the Aerosoft brand. There are exceptions to that rule (like Jo Erlend) but in general, the Aerosoft sceneries are mediocre or below (think of the German professional airports (EDDS/ EDDH). And that's why I said (or meant :) ) Usually you have to be careful with Aerosoft or check the reviews but this one is a safe bet.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

OPKC Karachi and OPLR Lahore by MK Studios. And there is a good OOMS Muscat out there. Also FT OMDB which is going to be updated soon I hear (much needed). And of course the upcoming WSSS...

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"