Sign in to follow this  
Zentiger

Carenado TBM 850 Vs DA62

I am contemplating either the Carenado TBM850 or DA 62 to use as a GA aircraft for training/practice. The DA 62 is a newer release. Will this make much difference? I have not seen many reviews on the DA 62. 

Thanks!

Unless you really want a Carenado aircraft, why don't you wait for this gem? 😉

2 minutes ago, Zentiger said:

I am contemplating either the Carenado TBM850 or DA 62 to use as a GA aircraft for training/practice. The DA 62 is a newer release. Will this make much difference? I have not seen many reviews on the DA 62. 

Thanks!

I have the TBM850 and the Alabeo Twin Diamond 42, I like them both because they fill different niches.  I am sure the DA62 is good, it is right up Carenado's alley.  The TBM850 is a little airliner, it will get you places fast.  Primarily I fly the Carenado Citation 550, it has the best autopilot and speed hold of any aircraft (light jet) that I have flown, and I can land it on a dime, like a 172.  It is my favorite aircraft of any sim and I loved the real one too growing up as a boy, it just looked so distinctive vs. a Lear and it was single pilot capable.

With any of these aircraft you cannot go wrong, it just depends on what most of your flights and city pairs will be.

John

• Upvote 1

Depends a bit on how fast you want to go.. what kind of training you are looking for, and what kind of instrumentation you want in your plane.

I would start with an Alabeo Seminole with a Flight1 GTN 750 in the panel. Great training aircraft!  Faster?  Alabeo C421, again with a Flight1 GTN 750.. Great personal "airliner".

• Upvote 1

Bert

Thank you. This. Is very helpful.

i am reading that the avionics on the Carenado DA 62 might be a bit “glitchy”.  Same for the TBM?

will definitely check the Seminole. 

Carenado/Alabeo avionics are not the best... that is why adding the GTN 750 totally changes the experience.

Bert

7 hours ago, Zentiger said:

Thank you. This. Is very helpful.

i am reading that the avionics on the Carenado DA 62 might be a bit “glitchy”.  Same for the TBM?

will definitely check the Seminole. 

Hi...

Unless someone - in most cases Bert - has modded the Carenado glass to use the GTN - it's best to steer clear unless you have no intention of flying with realistic ATC... If you simply fly from point A to be B without deviation - the default is probably fine - as soon as ATC issues a change from your original flight plan - a direct to - or - skips a waypoint - you're done without the mod...

For Carenado - go with the Seminole...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Personally I would stay far away from Carenado, and instead wait for something descent to come out. Hopefully A2A will release a GA twin soon 🙂

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

On 10/24/2018 at 4:42 PM, Zentiger said:

Thanks!

The word "training" and Carenado should not be in the same sentence. 😀

If you want a "realistic" flightsim training GA, run to the A2A store and get their 172, Piper Cherokee, or 182. For a complex single, they offer the Comanche 250 and Bonanza V35.

All the A2A GAs are a must have if you are serious about using a flightsim to enhance your real world flight training.

When you are ready for the multi engine rating, put your trust in Milviz. They have two fantastic twins, the B55 & Cessna 310 Redux.

By then, you will be ready for the TAA mentioned in this thread. The developer of Vertx DA-62 is among the best with an outstanding reputation in the flightsim community.

Take it one step at a time and above all, have FUN!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

31 minutes ago, DJJose said:

1.The word "training" and Carenado should not be in the same sentence. 😀

2.When you are ready for the multi engine rating, put your trust in Milviz. They have two fantastic twins, the B55 & Cessna 310 Redux.

1.The developer of Vertx DA-62 is among the best with an outstanding reputation in the flightsim community.

1. If you are including steam gauge airplanes from Carenado/Alabeo, this is an insult.

2. Why? What's the difference between e.g. the Alabeo C310 and the Milviz C310 concerning the training effect?

3. Vertx hasn't released a single airplane yet and nobody knows e.g. who will be doing the FDE.  

The Alabeo PA44 is definitely a very nice GA twin, especially if you like steam gauges. 

Edited by J35OE

Concerning training: The DA62 has a significantly higher approach speed than PA44  (89 vs 75kts) and the landing roll is 3 times longer!  (1450ft vs 540ft).

The single engine ROC is more than 30% higher with the PA44, and due to the short wheel base / long wing combination the DA62 is noticeable more difficult to handle on ground than the PA44, IRL and in the sim. 

58 minutes ago, J35OE said:

The Alabeo PA44 is definitely a very nice GA twin, especially if you like steam gauges. 

The exception and not the norm. It's probably the only Alabeo that I'd recommend because it's a very popular training twin at ATP.

But, multi engine training involves a critical engine shut down so I don't know why a student would choose a PA44.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

23 minutes ago, DJJose said:

But, multi engine training involves a critical engine shut down so I don't know why a student would choose a PA44.

This doesn't make sense. You are saying that it's popular for ATP training and at the same time that a student shouldn't choose a PA44. 

Since you can do the ME rating on a PA44 I don't understand what a critical engine has to do with it. 

Edited by J35OE