Sign in to follow this  
speterson1538

A few questions

So my first question is I was attempting a trial because I haven't purchased Voxatc yet, but I get a fatal error when I hit the enable button.  Anyone have any ideas about. That?

Then when I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, it said that the trial period was over! How do I get another trial period because I never even got to see how it functioned? I tried contacting them on their site but no response. 

With Voxatc when it is up and running do you see a build up of aircraft coming in to land when you first load up your location and you are in the cockpit on the ground? This irks me in the sim. I was just wondering if it was different in Vox.  Would definitely be a plus. 

Is Vox really good about regulating traffic during descent and on final? Will any planes cut me off or overtake me on final? I think that's all the questions I have.  Any help from some of you who have already purchased would be helpful.  Thanks. 

I noticed the same thing with the trial.  If you uninstall then that is the trial done. From my experience Vox ATC is very good, but it is a bit buggy for my liking.  It is just not robust enough and I still quite often get the Fatal Error.  It is almost impossible to say why you got a Fatal Error as there are so many causes for it.  I got one the other day in the middle of one of the tutorial flights  after a fresh install.

As I say, it is a great product..... when it works.

On 10/24/2018 at 8:28 PM, speterson1538 said:

So my first question is I was attempting a trial because I haven't purchased Voxatc yet, but I get a fatal error when I hit the enable button.  Anyone have any ideas about. That?

Then when I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, it said that the trial period was over! How do I get another trial period because I never even got to see how it functioned? I tried contacting them on their site but no response. 

With Voxatc when it is up and running do you see a build up of aircraft coming in to land when you first load up your location and you are in the cockpit on the ground? This irks me in the sim. I was just wondering if it was different in Vox.  Would definitely be a plus. 

Is Vox really good about regulating traffic during descent and on final? Will any planes cut me off or overtake me on final? I think that's all the questions I have.  Any help from some of you who have already purchased would be helpful.  Thanks. 

The AI in VoxATC is better than in the sim. ATC still gets it wrong sometimes, just like in real life. You have to keep your eyes outside the cockpit, especially in high traffic situations. 

You must first load your scenario, I usually fire up the airplane, and get the coms turned on, before initiating VoxATC. After that it “injects” the AI aircraft (parked, taxiing, and flying), no build up, they all just appear. After that bit of jar to reality, it works relatively well. Taxiing is much improved since the last version. I rarely have to take evasive action on the ground. A couple of times I’ve been cleared for a right hand base approach, and have had to veer left to avoid an AI cleared for straight in approach. Usually, it is very smooth. 

Once in real life I was cleared for a straight in approach in a C172. An airliner was cleared for a left downwind entry. I was looking but didn’t spot him until he turned on base. We were on a collision course. I immediately did a steep turn to the right, just before the Tower told me to do an immediate right hand 360. By the time I was lined up on the runway again the jet had landed, and I was cleared to land.  I’ve had more ATC mistakes in VoxATC than in real life, but I also have a lot more simulated than real hours. 

New VOXATC users often claim that they are experiencing a FATAL ERROR message and that this is a bug. My experience (and that of other long-term users) is that something external to VOXATC is causing the problem. Unlike P3d which just ignores most problems caused by the user, VOXATC does not. Common causes are 1) airports with faulty taxiway and runway geometry and 2) faulty flightplans that are not consistent with the user's scenery library.

This situation is due to VOXATC having to cope with a variety of third party airports and user flightplans. I have rarely encountered a FATAL ERROR message that couldn't be fixed by either editing an airport with ADE, checking my flightplan carefully or making sure that the aircraft, VOXATC and fsaerodata all have the identical AIRAC cycle. The one FATAL ERROR that is a bug relates to VOXATC not coping with updated airport ICAO codes.

Most users know that these days that payware 3rd party airports are mostly targeting eye candy. Whether the taxiways parking codes and runways are perfect is a secondary concern to most developers and users. If you go on to the AIG forums there is one whole long thread of revised ADE files that have been corrected.

It would be great if the VOXATC error messages and logfile information was more explicit, but I'd be delusional if I thought that was going to happen.

If I remove the VoxATC default voices and install Speech2Go Brian plus others I have a Fatal Error response. Have tried a mixture of the VoxATC voices and Speech2Go and once again a Fatal Error. If I run with the VoxPop voice package opens with NO Fatal Error message. Why?

Off Topic now.

I have just downloaded VoxATC version 7.42. When I unzip the folder I see the normal set up and install files there but also Applicaton Data, Issetup Prereqist, P3D4, Personal and Program Files 64 (folders). Are these update files for 64bit system? Do we need to update 7.42 with them?

My system ,,,,,,,,, Win7 64bit, Prepar3D 4.3, Prosim737 version 2.11. ORBX AI package    

Derek,

I answered your second question in response to your PM.  As to the first question, there is a thread somewhere buried in this subforum that has VOXATC 7 users complaining about Harpo Software's versions of various 3rd party SAPI voices. You might want to ask whatever software vendor about the problem that you encountered with Speech2Go Brian. You might want to consider updating to Windows 10 at some point, since you can gain at least 5 Microsoft voices, some of which are default, some of which are hidden and can be activated and some of which are associated with language packs like English (Canada).

Jay

Hi Jay,

Many thanks for the PM reply and your response to the issues I have with Speech2Go. The Speech2Go voices are free trial and expire in 30days.

Noted your advice to consider moving to Windows 10.

Regards

Derek