Sign in to follow this  
hqmurphy

Lonely Airports Online

Hi All,

I find that flying on Vatsim is great, except for the lonely airports. Unless there is an event, or weekend traffic, it is tough to find an airport or terminal that has consistent aircraft at the gates.

This, for me, is one of the biggest immersion killers. So, are there solutions for static aircraft to be properly placed at airports to give it a busier feel? I want them to remain at the gates, as to not interfere with online traffic.

let me know your feedback

You can try the brilliant PSXseeconTraffic. 

Support forum here:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/819-psxseecontraffic-for-fsx-p3d/

For static only aircraft, you can use either the ParkPosGenerator or better still, use community-prepared parking files for a lot of common payware airport sceneries. These are in a Google drive folder called PSXseecon_airports.

You will not need the payware 'RealTraffic' (given that you are flying online), so don't worry about references to this other program in the PSX instructions. Just remember to uncheck the 'Live aircraft' option in PSX.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I use Ultimate Traffic Live and my airports and skies are full of airliners when flying online (vatsim and Pilotedge).  The only "issue" I run into is they planes are obviously not controlled so there might be a line waiting to take off or you might get cleared to land as a plane taxis onto the runway.  The fix to that is you can clear all traffic at any time and UTL will remove the traffic for you.  That is a little bit of an immersion killer but it is better than landing at a ghost town. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

16 hours ago, hqmurphy said:

Hi All,

I find that flying on Vatsim is great, except for the lonely airports. Unless there is an event, or weekend traffic, it is tough to find an airport or terminal that has consistent aircraft at the gates.

This, for me, is one of the biggest immersion killers. So, are there solutions for static aircraft to be properly placed at airports to give it a busier feel? I want them to remain at the gates, as to not interfere with online traffic.

let me know your feedback

That is one area that Xplane11 does very well, at least at major airports, populating them with framerate friendly and location specific static aircraft.  I am amazed at how good they are at placing airlines at the right gates, and there are a handful of very good freeware airports that help me escape that "lonely" feeling on arrival.  Ground traffic moving around them makes them look active and participatory in the flight process.

John

1 hour ago, Cactus521 said:

location specific static aircraft

That is not correct. Alitalia Airlines MD-83's at KMCI will never happen anywhere but XPlane.  😒