Sign in to follow this  
Quackarov

Best ORBX coverage for Vancouver area?

Hello,

I'm looking for the best ORBX scenery pack for coverage in the Vancouver area.  I cant tell which ones they are.  Let me know.

Best,

Andrew

PFJ+PNW

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Andrew,

Elegantly requested.

Despite this, let me welcome you to AVSIM, and, as already been demonstrated, this site is a wealth of information and assistance.

Please do not let my comments stop you from thanking anybody for their help.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

There is a more than excellent Vancouver scenery called Vancouver 3+ by John Patch and Holger Sandmann. I bought it ages ago and was able to install it into all versions of Prepar3d including version 4, although installation needs a bit of patience.

However:

(i) I doubt it is possible to buy it anywhere those days. It was distributed via Simmarket and FSaddon who both withdrew it after John Patch died years ago and the heirs don't want it to be sold anymore.

(ii) It is certainly way outdated not having been updated for many years now (while still looking stunning).

This is a very sad story indeed. I (and others) already tried to get this back into distribution and perhapys being updated via several channels, but all failed, and I doubt there can be anything done about this.

There are two sceneries, i.e. Tongass Fjords and Victoria +, sharing a similar destiny.

My best hope would be for a new development. ORBX would be certainly predestined for this task within their CityScape range of products, even more as Holger Sandmann is a member of the team. However, they never gave a positive reply to inquiries, and certainly have all hands full with X-plane conversions and TrueEarth those days.

Of course, you can ask on the ORBX forum as well. The more they see there is a demand the more they might start thinking about it. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

If you are interested in add-on airports for the area there are also about 14 ORBX payware airports within 100nm of Vancouver and an additional 4-5 freeware ones as well provided by ORBX. 

• Like 2

And there is of course CYVR available from FSDreamTeam, which is very well done. Initially, it was hard on performance, but works pretty well on today's machines.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11