Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tingoose

What's this "Traffic030528.utb" file in my scenery folder?

I have a file called "Traffic030528.utb" sitting in my scenery/world/scenery folder, alongside all the other traffic bgls.What is it? Is it something created by Ultimate Traffic? Or could it be something superfluous?I really would like to understand, because I am in the process of chasing the reason for my FS to crash to desktop when I switch on AI traffic.ThanksChris

Guest Tingoose

My guess is that it's an 'Ultimate Traffic bak up'. U installed Ultimate traffic? If so, it backed up the default traffic bgl.

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

(Ignore this: re-read and saw the extension.) Nope, that is the default (MS) traffic file. belongs there.

it looks like ultimate traffic renamed the default traffic file so you wouldnt see any default traffic

Guest Tingoose

Yes, it is the default traffic file, but as I said, it's extension has been renamed to temporarily deactivate it so that the default traffic won't show in the sim. The UTB bit was a guess on my part, standing for 'Ultimate Traffic back up'. Couldn't confirm the UTB bit cos I don't have Ultimate Traffic.

Chris,I was having many CTDs recently and finally narrowed it down to something being wrong with the traffic.bgl file. I had added some AI traffic (MidCon VA tfc) and something must have messed up the traffic.bgl file when it re-compiled from Traffic Tools. My fix was to remove the traffic.bgl file and go into Ultimate Traffic and use the compile (option on main page)function to create a new traffic.bgl file. After doing so I have had no further CTD's. One other note, if you haven't checked for duplicate AFCADS you need to check that as well. I use ScanAFD (freeware) and it works very well.Hope this helps.Bill