Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Flyinside Simulator

Hello to all,

Well this new sim has been out now for a couple of days and so far to a dearth of comment or first impressions.

I downloaded it as a demo and found that 7 minutes is nowhere near long enough to set it up, let alone assess positively whether or not to purchase.

First criticism out of the road,  three restarts later I found that I could only load a single throttle, and as I do not generally fly single engine anything when the third restarted finished, I ran out of patience, and decided that I would try again later.

As a result, I have not made a flight as yet and will keep attempting to set it up in the future. I have to now, admit a couple of things. I have yet to venture into the realm of VR, mostly due to cost factors and my download of the new sim was a look and see option.  I also noted that they have a forum for the new sim which you have to register in before you can ask any questions. Not a biggie but I was a little frustrated at the time to pursue that, and I will go down that track, probably tomorrow.

A side note here also is that PIMAX  is taking preorders and the 5k, the VR Headset which I will most likely eventually buy, have released prices and it will retail for approximately USD700 without options like controllers. The 8K is USD900 and the 5k Businesss edition will come with a price tag of USD1000.

So, it was not really a great or encouraging start for me personally, but I do think that it has a great potential if one (read "me") perserveres and that, I will definitely do.

Has anyone else tried this out as yet and how did you fare?

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Haven't tried it myself but after reading the previous topic about this sim and watching some video's of it I won't be trying it anytime soon. it offers nothing that interests me or that I don't have already. In fact, what I have looks a ton better. Maybe in a few years time I wi... no, wait, I already have AFS2 as my in-a-few-years-time-sim and there is only so much a man can handle. ;)

12 minutes ago, J van E said:

Maybe in a few years time I wi... no, wait, I already have AFS2 as my in-a-few-years-time-sim and there is only so much a man can handle. 😉

Which naturally implies they will be around in a few years yet.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Looks like Flyinside is a very similar offering of what Aerofly FS 2 actually has. A lot of people in the flightsim community think Aerofly will probably never be a full developed simulator like P3D or X-Plane, as it’s probably oriented more to be a “game”, rather than a more serious or professional simulator. So, back to Flyinside, I don’t really see how it will have a good future.

just my thoughts.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

26 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Looks like Flyinside is a very similar offering of what Aerofly FS 2 actually has. A lot of people in the flightsim community think Aerofly will probably never be a full developed simulator like P3D or X-Plane

I own both of them, and actually they are very different in their weaknesses and strenghts (scenery regions, planes/choppers, shaders, landclass vs. photo concept, responsiveness of the devs - yes) etc. Nonetheless, I agree that both will have to go a very, very long way to become full-fledged sims - if ever - and are far from being comparable to either P3D or XP in their present state.

This said, both have a number of outstanding features, e.g. the shaders/lighting of AeroflyFS2 visually look better than any of the others sims (IMHO, of course).

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Which naturally implies they will be around in a few years yet.

Kind regards, Michael

Ha, yes, my bad, that should have been "my maybe-in-a-few-years-time-sim". 😉 

Could not get the demo to activate - just hangs-up with an error message

Perhaps it will not work on FSX-Steam?

47 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

Could not get the demo to activate - just hangs-up with an error message

Perhaps it will not work on FSX-Steam?

The Flyinside Simulator does not rely on FSX-Steam (or any other sim) but is a standalone product. I would suggest asking at their forums, the devs are quite responsive.

Kind regards, Michael

I purchased soon after it was released, and have flown intermittently since then.

There are both good and bad things that can be said about it, but like with Aerofly, I have no qualms with waiting and seeing what it might, or might not become.

Nothing stopping me from enjoying other things while I wait!

That being said, my purchase was more to support a new sim and its developers than it was from any particular excitement about the product: but I was also curious enough to part with the asking price of $25 with no remorse.

Especially since I understand that as more features are added, the price for the program will continue to rise. With that in mind it seemed like a good idea to jump in while the jumpings good!

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Within the next days, this simulator appears to be streaming orthos for world wide scenery - assumed to be provided by BING Maps (no guarantee, of course).

This makes me think of taking a look at this early access sim to have a first idea how this will work - besides the VR immersion and the Milviz planes. 

Rather surprising if ortho data is actually provided by MS, now that a) it is one of their major selling points for next year´s MSFS and b) it costs bandwith and I wonder how much an impact that would be for MS servers, especially without subscription model and for a rival product...  maybe they establish a daily download limit f.e.?

Nevertheless, quite curious to see how this will turn out for Fly Inside Simulator, having a great worldwide scenery now. And also, IF they use BING Maps, this might also give a first impression of how MSFS might look (of course without their Azure autogen and 3D cities etc.) and perform (internet speed, blurryness and so on).

The update is already available (opt in for beta2 in Steam), but I didn't find time to explore it yet. First reactions I read in Steam forums are mixed.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks, Michael, wasn´t aware so far.

Yeah they state the scenery looks amazing (as expected) but no landmarks, city downtowns but only generic autogen (well, actually also expected). 

Rumors say Steam summer sale is upcoming... let´s see if I jump in for a little trial.