Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Aircraft shakes during pushback with GSX

Maybe there's a fix for this maybe not, there's no fix over at fsdt, does anyone else see this, are we working on it?, thought it may have been attended to with the release of the 747-8 but mine still shakes like crazy.

Cheers Rod Lewis 

This may have something to do with a conflict between GSX and the aircraft's hydralics. I've seen this mentioned a few times for the 777. If you turn hydralics on before pushback it may shake. Seems to happen to some users but not to others. I always turn on hyrdalics before push on 777 and I've never epxerienced any shaking.

Maybe FSUIPC is involved? Seems to be involved with a lot of "issues" and I don't use it so maybe that's why I never have this problem.

Edited by andreh

Tap the brakes very slightly just to make the system recognize that you do it, it will stop te shaking as long as you hold the brakes like this. Not a fix, but makes the cockpit more comfortable during pushback.

I get this on the PMDG T7 on and off.

Doesn't make any difference whether the a/c is pressurised before P + S or not.

I've been trying to diagnose since it started happening. PMDG don't want to know. GSX doesn't want to know - they blame each other.

Rather spoils the immersion at such an early stage in the flight.

Jim Plumridge

Edited by Guest

Something must be causing it.I'd be curious to know if the people experiencing this are using another addon in between such as FSUIPC that may interfere. Some people definitely got around the problem by pressurizing after push. Never heard the tap the breaks solution, but whatever works.

Apparently is has something to do with PMDG aircraft not recognizing the bypass pin being inserted and that only PMDG can remedy the problem.

Cheers Rod. 

• Like 1

(Deleted by me.  Misread one of the posts)

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan

5 hours ago, doublebubble said:

Apparently is has something to do with PMDG aircraft not recognizing the bypass pin being inserted and that only PMDG can remedy the problem.

Cheers Rod. 

Funny how it only happens to some people, though

10 hours ago, andreh said:

Funny how it only happens to some people, though

It's not funny if it's happening on your aircraft.

Mind you, P + S is a busy time where eyes should be down monitoring engine stats on startup so I tend to only glance out of the window to make sure we're not about to hit something that my copilot hasn't seen on the left.

Edited by Guest

On 10/25/2018 at 6:11 AM, doublebubble said:

Maybe there's a fix for this maybe not, there's no fix over at fsdt, does anyone else see this, are we working on it?, thought it may have been attended to with the release of the 747-8 but mine still shakes like crazy.

Cheers Rod Lewis 

This effect is a combination of the PMDG takeoff shaking effect and no nosewheel disconnect for pushback. I believe this is due to PMDG not incorporating a bypass pin into the nosewheel steering. If you watch during pushback the tiller will vibrate like crazy so this shows gsx is trying to turn the nosewheel but the plane is centering it back to where your control has it. You can alleviate the issue some by turning it with GSX but this is not efficient because you are busy doing other things. If you have the Aerosoft A320 and use GSX pushback you will notice when the bypass pin is inserted that is notated on the display as NW STRG DISC. This alleviates the issue because you can turn the nosewheel with it but it does nothing for it. So in my opinion, FSDT does not currently have anyway to fix the issue. PMDG would need to incorporate a bypass pin to allow the nose wheel to be turned by an external source then FSDT could implement it.

• Upvote 1

Thank you tbarker1989, so I guess we wait for PMDG, but I'm guessing the wait will be very long.

Cheers Rod.

9 hours ago, doublebubble said:

Thank you tbarker1989, so I guess we wait for PMDG, but I'm guessing the wait will be very long.

Cheers Rod.

Careful.

IBTL

Jim Plumridge

On 10/26/2018 at 8:05 PM, ganter said:

It's not funny if it's happening on your aircraft.

Mind you, P + S is a busy time where eyes should be down monitoring engine stats on startup so I tend to only glance out of the window to make sure we're not about to hit something that my copilot hasn't seen on the left.

I obviously meant funny as in "curious", not funny as in "haha, you have problems with your aircraft, njya, njya..."

Edited by andreh

I have this same issue with the 747 and 777, but this problem does not appear on the NGX, it is strange.

On 10/27/2018 at 6:00 AM, tbarker1989 said:

This effect is a combination of the PMDG takeoff shaking effect and no nosewheel disconnect for pushback. I believe this is due to PMDG not incorporating a bypass pin into the nosewheel steering. If you watch during pushback the tiller will vibrate like crazy so this shows gsx is trying to turn the nosewheel but the plane is centering it back to where your control has it. You can alleviate the issue some by turning it with GSX but this is not efficient because you are busy doing other things. If you have the Aerosoft A320 and use GSX pushback you will notice when the bypass pin is inserted that is notated on the display as NW STRG DISC. This alleviates the issue because you can turn the nosewheel with it but it does nothing for it. So in my opinion, FSDT does not currently have anyway to fix the issue. PMDG would need to incorporate a bypass pin to allow the nose wheel to be turned by an external source then FSDT could implement it.

You should tell this PMDG via a support ticket, including your explanation. It easily gets forgot in the forum and we might never see an update on this topic.