Sign in to follow this  
Somebody_Else

[Answered] AI Reborn - status?

Hi there,

Found my way here while googling solutions to the appalling AI movement in P3D and just wondered if you're still working into solving it with your programme?

Many thanks

• Like 1

Hello Mr somebody else (funny name),

Thanks for your interest in our products, I imagine you are enquiring about AI Traffic Reborn Runway Control? if so all my current resources are with the the Beta testing of AI Lights Reborn Professional edition while the second product is still under development, so as soon as the AI Lights Reborn Professional edition is out of the shelf we will continue at full speed with the second product.

Please note we do not work with release dates, neither we reveal any specific details of our development process and products via public forums, as the quality of our products if more important for us, only beta testers and specific key members of the community which have signed our company nondisclosure agreements (NDAs) have access to such information.

All the best,
Simbol

• Like 1

The OP didn't ask for a release date, nor did he ask for "specific details of your development process".  I think he's wondering, as am I, what the AI Traffic Reborn Runway Control product, which you advertise on your website, will do?  Your description of it is a bit vague and cryptic. 

If you're not comfortable discussing it, then perhaps you shouldn't advertise it.  Thanks.

Dave

• Upvote 2

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

From the website, the product claims so far:

AI Traffic Reborn Runway Control 

We don't want too reveal much about this new revolutionary tool, but with this add-on you will notice an incredible improvement in runway management for any given airport...

I hope there is taxiway/ground control included because runway control is only part of the problem, especially at airports like KSAN when runway 27 is in use.

I use RC4.3 and Super Traffic Board to manage traffic and they do a pretty good job at runway management, but I find myself deleting AI because of ground conflicts more than I see go-arounds anymore.

AI Smooth did an acceptable job back in the FS9/FSX days for me, but only a very good AFCAD or lowering the traffic sliders came close to solving ground conflicts.

I think "smarter" ATC and AI planes are really the only complete solution. For example AI 737 landing KSAN runway 27 does not SLAM on the brakes, but rather goes to the end as instructed by the tower for ground management. But at KBOS runway 27, that same 737 knows to LAHSO of 22L because the tower is telling them to.

Maybe easier said than done, but totally necessary to reflect reality better.

Dear all,

As you must understand the product is still on early stage of development, and accordingly I do not wish to do raise promises and expectations that could not be fulfilled later due to external circunstances, there are many variables that can change the stage of any product development, for an instance P3D could introduce restrictions or changes that then would force me to change my plans or product specifications. 

The intentions in the website is to provide a general road map to general public about our plans for the future, in any case please see below the information I have been providing during our last Flight Sim Shows:

8xO1EXs.jpg

The statement about dates and details is just an standard response as I keep receiving request about specific release dates, status and even demanding reports about how far are we with specific source code inside our products, which in my view is a bit too far.

Perhaps I overreacted, and I apologise if this was the case. However please also try to put yourself in my shoes, the flight sim developing world is a complex and difficult business so there is a lot of information that cannot be revealed or disclosed to general public.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 3

Thanks for the clarification and the additional details about what the product is *intended* to do.

Better AI behavior is something sorely needed and I wish you success in achieving it.

I'll be a buyer once it's available.

Thanks.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

Better AI behavior is something sorely needed.

Correct.

It is all about traffic flow management, plus many other ideas that I want to implement, and as long as more powerful P3D SDK functionalities are released the more I can do.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 1

I am intrigued as to whether this add-on is just controling the AI on the ground, or if the correct approaches and departures are modeled?

On 1/14/2019 at 9:41 AM, simbol said:

This will be the desired result.

S.

This makes me happy.  Is there a predicted release date for this?  Will it be available on SimMarket?

Will the addon allow arrivals of specific airline codes to arrive on particular runways at airports as in their real counterpart? Currently the p3d atc assigns arrival runway based on direction of arrival aircraft, which is not always realistic or leads to traffic jams on ground at certain large airports.

1 hour ago, him225 said:

Will the addon allow arrivals of specific airline codes to arrive on particular runways at airports as in their real counterpart? Currently the p3d atc assigns arrival runway based on direction of arrival aircraft, which is not always realistic or leads to traffic jams on ground at certain large airports.

Hi there,

With the current SDK functionalities available this is not possible.

The add-on will however help with AI spacing and many other things which will alleviate the traffic jams.

Regards 

Simbol 

Count me in :)

Warmest and Bestest Simbol in your development......I know Roland tried his best with AIC...But like some of us..you get old and tired or vice versa :)

BobM.

• Like 1

Bob M