Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Orbx and XP11 Issues:-(

Anyone having issues getting the new Orbx England South working?

Purchased this, but its crashing my XP11 installation, and my pleas for help on their forum are just going unanswered.

I remember now why I don't buy their stuff.  Stunning as it looks, support has always been an issue:-(

1 hour ago, Cai Zicheng said:

You don't even show us screenshots of any error message...

Get that and we can try to help you.

lol that's because i didn't ask for help.  I asked if anyone else was having issues. At this stage, I simply wanted to know if it's a common issue;-)

Just now, Dougal said:

lol that's because i didn't ask for help.  I asked if anyone else was having issues. At this stage, I simply wanted to know if it's a common issue;-)

Working fine, here!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yep, working fine here. No installation problems.  Just had to check it was in the correct position in scenery_packs.ini and all worked first time.

Works flawlessly on my older rig too. There's a lot of info out there with tweaks and such. Orbx will help also, Don't give up, it's so worth it!

With an i5 and 1060, mine's running fine though it shudders some over London. 

Interesting. Thanks guys. Any of you guys also using the freeware HD mesh with it?

Edited by Dougal

Installed the whole package.  I think you have to.

V Important to put them at the bottom of scenery.ini  and in the order A B C.

8 hours ago, Dougal said:

Interesting. Thanks guys. Any of you guys also using the freeware HD mesh with it?

I've got the HD mesh in the 'zzz's' at the bottom of 'scenery_pacs.ini' but I believe the Orbx scenery has its own mesh as is has always in the past. 

You must have them in the order ABC and you should place your Global Airports and London Landmarks entry above the Orbx entries in the '.ini' file. After that it should work. Orbx reuse the London Landmarks that Laminar created and Orbx use their own mesh which is a very detailed one that (I forget the meterage).

What exactly is the issue you are having? Is it performance related, error related or parts of the scenery not displaying correctly?

Now I am off to play Red Dead Redemption 2 😁

Edited by steve310002

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

You must have them in the order ABC and you should place your Global Airports and London Landmarks entry above the Orbx entries in the '.ini' file. After that it should work. Orbx reuse the London Landmarks that Laminar created and Orbx use their own mesh which is a very detailed one that (I forget the meterage).

What exactly is the issue you are having? Is it performance related, error related or parts of the scenery not displaying correctly?

Now I am off to play Red Dead Redemption 2 😁

Hi Steve

My issue is it not finding all textures, so it causes XP11 to CTD. Tried all the recommended stuff on their forums, and order is checked and correct. Its time i had a clean install of XP11, so will be trying that before anything else.

Enjoy RDR2;-)))

Now that I think of it, I recall having a similar issue at first. I downloaded the package, checked my install and everything looked fine. I loaded up Southampton airport and I got an error saying the scenery could be found or something along those lines and like you, I got a crash to desktop. I then checked the size of the 3 Orbx folders and they were only 14 GB. What I had done was download them on an external HD, hoping to leave them on the external HD (due to their size) shortcutting them to the custom scenery folder on my internal HD. Instead FTX central had downloaded the temp files to my external HD but took it upon itself to install on my internal HD directly into my X-Plane 11 Custom Scenery folder. As I did not have enough hard disk space for the 126gb of data, it bizarrely installed just 14gb yet FTX central said that it was downloaded and properly installed. I then deleted the whole thing, cleared space on my internal HD and downloaded again, this time extracting the temp files on my internal HD. Following this it installed properly. Maybe check you have enough space on your HD, clear some additional space (enough to also download the temp files as well as the extracted files), delete and reinstall.

Up and running after third download. All files were downloading correctly with FTX Central, but obviously not correctly converting.  It's a massive download.