Sign in to follow this  
maverick555

which graphics card for 1080p

Hi

I am still stuck in stone age and looking for recommendation on graphics card for p3d v4 to run smoothly, current monitor 24" 144hz 1080, need new graphics card to go along with I5 9600K and wonder which to go for, not looking for card that will run 4K so 1060/1070 or 1080?

Thanks in advance 

Might add some more info, basically I'm running fairly old spec, so performance is not there, I can understand get the best you can afford but can't go with I7 just out of price range so my bucket is 

I5 9600k/z390 board/16GB ram

Currently using 24" 1920x1080 screen and need advice on graphics card, if i could get away with using 1070 that would be great.

I have a 1070 and am very happy with it!  :cool:

27" 1920x1080 monitor.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

50 minutes ago, ade555 said:

Thank You Bert, can I ask if you running any addons like PMDG/QW/ORBX/FSlab?

Lots of Orbx, but GA aircraft..  a2a/Carenado/RealAir

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Lots of Orbx, but GA aircraft..  a2a/Carenado/RealAir

I'm in the same sort of situation, current pc spec will give me reasonable performance with GA 30-50 fps but as soon as I switch to pmdg I can just get over 25FPS with sliders to medium high sort of setting, hmm decision decision

19 minutes ago, ade555 said:

I'm in the same sort of situation, current pc spec will give me reasonable performance with GA 30-50 fps but as soon as I switch to pmdg I can just get over 25FPS with sliders to medium high sort of setting, hmm decision decision

That, to me sounds like a CPU issue, not GPU.

Bert

Yes you right, that's why I am upgrading CPU is well to i5 9600k, founds are bit low for I7 so need to get the I5 and wasn't sure if gtx 1070 is good enough or I need to get the 1080 if I am only looking for 1920*1080 resolution game play.