Sign in to follow this  
Cactus1206

Inside my Addon scenery folder on FSX was empty

Inside my Addon scenery, there is scenery folder and texture right?

Well inside them are empty

can you guys send me your folders on addon scenery.

Because inside those folders called "Scenery" and "Texture" Folders are empty

Some addon developers use the Addon Scenery folders and some set up their own individual folders.  I recommend individual folders and do not put anything in the Addon Scenery Folders.  There is nothing in the Addon Scenery folders by default.  If you added an Addon Scenery and it is not in the Addon Scenery folder, then the developer installed it in an individual directory such as FlightBeam, FSDT, Orbx, etc. 

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

and one problem

the when i press fly now

it has something like the loading screen right?

well until it stay at 33% on the loading screen

I think the concept of the "Scenery" and "Texture" folders within the "Addon Scenery" FSX folder was to make it simple to install addon scenery,  Just drop the bgl files into the "Scenery" folder and any required textures into the "texture" folder and FSX would automatically recognize and use that addon scenery.  I have tried this and it does work, but it can get real messy real fast when changing or deleting addon scenery.

It is far better, in my opinion, to place separate scenery folders, each containing it's own "Scenery", "Texture", and "Models" folders into the "Addon Scenery" folder, then go into FSX and install and activate that scenery.  This allows you to place that scenery either above or below scenery files that make major terrain changes to FSX, such as ORBX or Ultimate Terrain for proper display of the scenery.  It also allows you to deactivate scenery that you will not be flying near and that helps with loading time and reduces memory usage.

As Jim pointed out, some developers may utilize autoinstallers that bypass the FSX "Addon Scenery" folder.  I am not a big fan of this practice as it does make turning off such scenery more difficult.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

21 minutes ago, Cactus1206 said:

How can i reformat the FSX SE?

If you are looking to repair any bad files you will need to verify the game files.

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

9 hours ago, stans said:

It also allows you to deactivate scenery that you will not be flying near and that helps with loading time and reduces memory usage.

Just by deactivating any scenery, the sim needs to then rebuild the scenery cache which takes far longer to load overall. Its just a myth that this decreases load times.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

14 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Just by deactivating any scenery, the sim needs to then rebuild the scenery cache which takes far longer to load overall. Its just a myth that this decreases load times. 

True, but the way I do it is that my add on airports remain inactive until I plan a flight, I then activate the airports that will be involved.  This lessens the amount of memory used by my library of add on airports.  If I am routinely flying between two airports, I can leave them active and all the others inactive and my load times are excellent.

Edited by stans

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.