Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

MK Studios EKVG Vagar for P3D v4.3

I see that MK Studios have released a nice looking version of EKVG Vagar Airport (Faroe Islands) for P3D v4.3. If the surrounding islands were covered with high resolution photoscenery, then I would be all over this one. Unfortunately, I am really not a fan of landclass scenery (even customised versions) :sad:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

its very nice, like it the ils rwy30 with 3.5deg angle and 1800m runway , rnav rwy12 is fun to , FSL A319 work nice 

I'm interested in this, but waiting to hear some more opinions about it. Anybody else care to share their experience?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

44 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I'm interested in this, but waiting to hear some more opinions about it. Anybody else care to share their experience?

3 reviews over at S-Market.

2 x 5 star, 1 x 3 star.

The 3 star likes the airport, but not the rest of the island

T45

First impressions:

The airport itself is rather good.

The photo scenery for only the immediate surrounding area is not - it looks out of place with landclass for the rest of the islands, especially when the photo tiles stop so close to the airfield.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

That's a shame. I wonder if MK Studios have any plans to release a photoscenery upgrade of the islands?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi,

The thing here with the satellite images is low accessibility and high price. I'd personally love to have all Faroe Islands covered with it but it's simply not possible due to extremely high costs. The only images that were fine to take were these with +/- 20% cloud coverage, so that's not even an option. 

Kind regards,

I totally understand the situation, but unfortunately that lack of high resolution photoscenery for at least Vagar and the surrounding islands is a deal breaker for me. Frustrating, as I would love to be able to fly to that airport :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The scenery remains good though. It is really smooth, and considering the weather there, the problem is not the surroundings beeing land class or vectors, it is seeing the surroundings at all lol... I enjoy it very much with the Fslabs birds.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

5 hours ago, MKMatt said:

Hi,

The thing here with the satellite images is low accessibility and high price. I'd personally love to have all Faroe Islands covered with it but it's simply not possible due to extremely high costs. The only images that were fine to take were these with +/- 20% cloud coverage, so that's not even an option. 

Kind regards,

I understand you are a commercial enterprise, but would you consider a freeware version using Google imagery? It seems to me the resolution on that would be 0.5-1m or so?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I think the airport itself looks marvellous, good clear textures and detailing on the buildings.

My one wish is that the in game ATC arrangements had been changed - Its still a 'traffic' announced service rather then an interaction based ATC. I wouldn't have thought this was realistic for even this small International airport?

The airport charts seem to indicate that it has an AFIS system (124.85), but I have also found a reference to a tower frequency (120.2). Whatever the case, updating the AFD file to include the latter should be very easy.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Does anyone else have the issue that the airport disappears when panning/zooming around? I tried everything:

• disabling AEC in Vector,
  • completely disabled ORBX EU LC and ORBX Vector,
  • placing the scenery at different priorities in the scenery.cfg,
  • fiddled around with all graphics settings (every slider from minimum to maximum, every option ticked/unticked, wide view, FPS lock/unlocked, AA, etc),
  • disabled chaseplane,
  • played around with the cameras.cfg file
  • different planes...etc

Nothing helps and at certain angles and zoom levels the scenery completely disappears. Anybody having the same issue with this scenery? I've never encountered this issue before with any scenery.

Edited by scisimmer

If you have Envtex and Envshade installed, try to install the latest updates/ patch. For me it solved the problem. I can’t explain why.

Tor Arild

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 12:41 PM, adaniel said:

If you have Envtex and Envshade installed, try to install the latest updates/ patch. For me it solved the problem. I can’t explain why.

Tor Arild

You are a genius! Updating ENVTEX (I don't have envshade) to 1.2.0.1 solved the issue. Baffles me why envtex was the culprit...Prepar3d and its addons work in mysterious ways.

Thanks so much for the tip!