Sign in to follow this  
Sven Cella

PACK SYS fault on power up

I was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, if this is a bug or this is normal for the 747-8f...

Every time I start the power of the 747-8f (I don't really fly the pax version) I get a PACK sys fault on the PACK RST button. 

I have done the shutdown, secure and Elec power down exactly as is described in the FCOM. 

everything is normal on power down but on power up as soon as I switch on the EXT POWER or APU GENs and the systems come on the TRIM AIR valves stay closed and I get a sys fault on the PACK RST.

Is this normal for the 747-8 or is this a bug?

Sven, I assume you have all three packs off when you secure the aircraft. Then when applying power you get a PACK RST light with packs off?

I have seen this happen once or twice, and after resetting the pack controllers all worked as expected. If you are seeing this often then I would suspect the panel file.  If it were a bug it would be a common complaint in the forum and your post is the first I've seen on this topic since the -8 was released.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have been getting the same.

Jerry Friz

4 hours ago, downscc said:

If you are seeing this often then I would suspect the panel file.

It happens every time. Funny thing is I did a full Windows re-install a week ago (I do it once a year) and after that the same thing happens. 

I also made a new start-up file after following the FCOM to the letter and it still happens. 

But yeah as you say pressing the PACK RST button switches the TRIM AIR valves back on so it's not a big deal, I was just curious. 

4 hours ago, downscc said:

Sven, I assume you have all three packs off when you secure the aircraft. Then when applying power you get a PACK RST light with packs off?

Yes this exactly

I've pinned it down. As soon as I cut the GEN power the Trim air valves lock up or something. 

Doesn't matter if it's on apu power or ground power or with the packs on or off.

I think it's just a bug.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:22 AM, Sven Cella said:

(I do it once a year)

I thought I'm the only one 😄

5 hours ago, Sven Cella said:

I think it's just a bug.

Then submit a ticket ;).

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png