Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Imaginesim Singapore Released

Anyone else getting "Jetway door too high" on C Gates when trying to use Sode jetways with PMDG 747-8?

Just bought it, installed in my sim, my first impression was that airport is excellent, the shipping at anchor is really immersive, and the city is done well, while the performance is excellent.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I just installed Imaginesim WSSS into P3Dv4.3 using the install path as D:\Addon\Imaginesim so it added a WSSS Singapore P3Dv4 folder to the \Imaginesim location as expected.  Loaded up and slewed around and didn't see an obvious errors with the scenery.  Nice lush green, lots of vegetation.  It sure ain't South Texas.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I’m curious to see if they added night lighting to the control tower? Which was absent from the previews...

In real life

Edited by UAL4life
Added photo for reference.

Screenshots look real nice! Did they include Changi Air Base (East)? It is literally located right next to WSSS (it has it's own separate taxiways). Also I remember the FS9 version did not have any buildings for Changi Air Base (West) which is located on the grounds of WSSS. Did they include those building in this release?

The scenery looks great and all that, but the developers have mislocated the airport (I would estimate 100 feet west and 200-250 feet south of where it's supposed to be). This obviously isn't a big deal when using P3D's internal ILS, but it certainly is when flying RNAV/RNP approaches where the runways are misaligned. The problem also shows up when using Navigraph charts with Simlink. I was taxiing on NC3 earlier and Navigraph showed my airplane crashing into terminal 1.

Really disappointing.

Wow, that's some displacement right there! That won't be compatible with PSX

Edited by Guevorkyan

Santiago de Larminat

Pity PacSim did not do this airport, at least it would have accurate placement.

Was it beta tested even ? With prices of addons on the rise, I am starting to be more fussy about what I purchase,.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I think its a great airport. Only thing I would ask more would be higher resolution ground markings. They look a bit faded out. As for the displacement, @ChrisKSDF that's serious, so I expect they will take care of it if you let them know. I hope they read the forums here too.

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

They usually do not care about the displacement. Their Shanghai Pudong has also been displaced since the release and it was not fixed.

Can someone post a shot of how the different folders look in the scenery library ? My P3D install got nuked after I installed WSSS last night, and this time I would like to add it manually in the proper order. 

I'm surprised that this developer is still even mentioned in the AVSIM community. How quickly we forget!

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

I'm surprised that this developer is still even mentioned in the AVSIM community. How quickly we forget!

What we forget? I have all their sceneries in Prepar3D v4 and while not the best out there, they are very respectable. Singapure is really well done, I really liked their texturing and modeling. Very good quality.

• Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

3 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

What we forget? I have all their sceneries in Prepar3D v4 and while not the best out there, they are very respectable. Singapure is really well done, I really liked their texturing and modeling. Very good quality.

They might be acceptable sceneries, but their customer support was among the worst. Maybe you never had a bad experience with this dev, but I've read countless of complaints over the years on this forum. Maybe those threads have been deleted, but I've personally had issues with their support and I would never bother supporting this developer.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.