Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Imaginesim Singapore Released

19 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

I have read elsewhere that the aerial image is completely outdated and various landmarks outside the airport area are missing. Can someone confirm this? I really wanted to buy this scenery, but there are a lot of problems surfacing at the moment...

I wanted a WSSS in my simulation world.  I bought it and slewed around to have a close look and it looked good.  I cannot speak to specific details not being from there or ever flown through there RW but hey, what other choices do you have.  It looks great, it performs great.  I've got no problems with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, carlito777 said:

I have read elsewhere that the aerial image is completely outdated and various landmarks outside the airport area are missing. Can someone confirm this? I really wanted to buy this scenery, but there are a lot of problems surfacing at the moment...

Imaginesim is planning a free update to cover the city. According to an old preview story on another site.

There used to be a customer support person that posts here, I hope they clarify or state a patch to fix this is planned. Then I'll buy.

Flown in and out of it a couple of times and haven't noticed any issues. On the whole, I'm pretty happy with it personally.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

I just did the RNAV GNSS approach to RWY20C, and from the IAF on heading 203 all the way to the MAP the RWY was perfectly in front of me.

Using the aerodrome directly in the Sim it was built for (P3Dv4) does not create any issues that I can find, Navigraph or otherwise, and I have tested in both the FSLabs A320 and the PMDG 777.

I am very familiar with the real world airport and this is a good replication.

Somebody above asked if Changi East (the RSAF RWY) looks like a desert in real life and the answer is, right now, yes it does as they are digging it up! 

I know this post, isn't gonna win me any user-of-the-year award - and probably make me quite unpopular - but I'm kinda used to that by now...

To be honest, I find it quite mystifying, that some setups are - apparently - experiencing that the airport is misplaces when some setups are correct. 

What's even more baffling and - to some extend - a little annoying to witness, is that set users, who experience the above issue, are SO sure, that NOTHING is wrong with THEIR setup, and are extremely quick to jump to conclusions that is MUST be the developer, who's screwed up - and NOT themselves or their setup, that for some reason is misconfigured... I mean, come one - if not everyone is experiencing a misplacement problem, the obvious conclusion should/must be, that something is misconfigured or conflicting on the affected systems...

It's entirely possible, that some mesh, AFCAD, 3rd party scenery, Scenery Library priority or something else, which could contribute to this... 

Look inwards, before starting to blame outwards, people.

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, mwa05 said:

I just did the RNAV GNSS approach to RWY20C, and from the IAF on heading 203 all the way to the MAP the RWY was perfectly in front of me.

Using the aerodrome directly in the Sim it was built for (P3Dv4) does not create any issues that I can find, Navigraph or otherwise, and I have tested in both the FSLabs A320 and the PMDG 777.

I am very familiar with the real world airport and this is a good replication.

Somebody above asked if Changi East (the RSAF RWY) looks like a desert in real life and the answer is, right now, yes it does as they are digging it up! 

I agree, seems like there may be some agenda's at play here.  I really like it.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

20 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I know this post, isn't gonna win me any user-of-the-year award - and probably make me quite unpopular - but I'm kinda used to that by now...

To be honest, I find it quite mystifying, that some setups are - apparently - experiencing that the airport is misplaces when some setups are correct. 

What's even more baffling and - to some extend - a little annoying to witness, is that set users, who experience the above issue, are SO sure, that NOTHING is wrong with THEIR setup, and are extremely quick to jump to conclusions that is MUST be the developer, who's screwed up - and NOT themselves or their setup, that for some reason is misconfigured... I mean, come one - if not everyone is experiencing a misplacement problem, the obvious conclusion should/must be, that something is misconfigured or conflicting on the affected systems...

It's entirely possible, that some mesh, AFCAD, 3rd party scenery, Scenery Library priority or something else, which could contribute to this... 

Look inwards, before starting to blame outwards, people.

For someone with over 2000 posts on here, you have a pretty poor understanding of how P3D works. When, in your undoubtedly long history of flight simming, have you ever seen a mesh, AFCAD, or scenery priority conflict that shifts an entire third party airport? These scenery objects are hard-coded to a particular lat/long and for them to haphazardly start shifting about by several hundred feet from system to system is impossible.

The fact is that the airport is displaced on everyone's system, but many users aren't going to notice it because they're happily flying the built-in P3D ILS (which is also shifted) and their AI traffic follows the paths on the included AFCAD which is shifted yet again. It's only when one starts laying the airport on top of other non-shifted addons (such as Navigraph charts, the VATSIM Singapore guys' controller screens that were previously referenced or, in my case, flying ILS approaches in Aerowinx PSX) that the problem becomes apparent.

Oh well, at least it's not FSDT's CYVR which is about 1/4 of mile west of where it's supposed to be.

Edited by ChrisKSDF
  • Like 3

Overall, I think it is a great scenery. Nothing wrong with it, except that I can't see any airport/apron traffic.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

25 minutes ago, ChrisKSDF said:

For someone with over 2000 posts on here, you have a pretty poor understanding of how P3D works. When, in your undoubtedly long history of flight simming, have you ever seen a mesh, AFCAD, or scenery priority conflict that shifts an entire third party airport? These scenery objects are hard-coded to a particular lat/long and for them to haphazardly start shifting about by several hundred feet from system to system is impossible.

The fact is that the airport is displaced on everyone's system, but many users aren't going to notice it because they're happily flying the built-in P3D ILS (which is also shifted) and their AI traffic follows the paths on the included AFCAD which is shifted yet again. It's only when one starts laying the airport on top of other non-shifted addons (such as Navigraph charts, the VATSIM Singapore guys' controller screens that were previously referenced or, in my case, flying ILS approaches in Aerowinx PSX) that the problem becomes apparent.

Oh well, at least it's not FSDT's CYVR which is about 1/4 of mile west of where it's supposed to be.

Then why can we fly an RNAV approach accurately ourselves? Not ILS.  Using Navigraph it matches up just fine here.  

Stand coordinates in the sim match published in real life coordinates.  Perhaps you are mistaken Chris....ever considered?

17 posts and you already seem quite the expert.

Edited by barramundilure
  • Upvote 1

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Could it be a Magvar issue?

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

My Navigraph Chart overlay is spot on.

Gate C22 coordinates in the aircraft (777) after aligning the IRS are the same as published in the 10-9C chart. 

Mark 

Edited by mwa05
Bad spelling

From Imaginesim today on Facbeook:

Just to keep you up to date. We're currently working with Navigraph to sync our new WSSS with their AIRAC cycles and correct the location issue. More news when we get it.

They also state in the comments that the patch will hopefully be out in a few weeks. Kudos to Imaginesim for stepping up and fixing the issue.

Also, those of you who felt the need to rudely attack those of us in this thread who pointed out a legitimate problem with this scenery can start apologizing now.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ChrisKSDF said:

Just to keep you up to date. We're currently working with Navigraph to sync our new WSSS with their AIRAC cycles and correct the location issue. More news when we get it.

They also state in the comments that the patch will hopefully be out in a few weeks. Kudos to Imaginesim for stepping up and fixing the issue.

Also, those of you who felt the need to rudely attack those of us in this thread who pointed out a legitimate problem with this scenery can start apologizing now.

If they are patching it then I am buying thank you for updating us.

• Like 1

It has been my experience that a lot of commercial scenery developers start with the basic FSX/P3d location of the airport.  From there it appears they will overlay the scenery with an aerial map such as those provided by Google.  The upside of this is MS did a very good job of getting the location of the airports within 50 meters of their exact location.  Where this error shows is when using AI traffic that is injected into the scenery using ADS-B such as Real Traffic/PSXseeconTraffic where the actual location of the runway/taxiway is displayed by the location of the AI aircraft.  Is ADS-B off occasionally? Sure there is an outlier from time to time, but if enough aircraft are observed it becomes obvious where the runways/taxiways are located.  I rebuild a lot of AFCADS in my scenery projects and since I've started using Real Traffic it has been necessary for me to adjust slightly the airport location from time to time.  I use a know navaid and it's lat/lon to position my map.

I highly recommend going to the PSXseeconTraffic in the freeware section of AVSIM and giving it a try.  Be warned it can become addictive. 🤣

Grace and Peace,  

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

2 hours ago, ChrisKSDF said:

We haven't seen any problem.  Whatever they are working with Navigraph on, hasn't effected me in any way or on any approach ILS or RNAV that i have done yet..

Regards

Barra

37 minutes ago, barramundilure said:

We haven't seen any problem.  Whatever they are working with Navigraph on, hasn't effected me in any way or on any approach ILS or RNAV that i have done yet..

That's good (for you). It also doesn't mean that there aren't others out there having problems, and I don't think it's a good reason to start accusing people of having agendas or whatever.

Anyway, as far as RNAV approaches go, 02C is the worst (offset probably about 100ft to the right of centerline). The biggest location shift is north/south though, by probably 300-400ft. If you position your aircraft on taxiway NC3 (the first cross-field taxiway north of the terminals) and juxtapose your position onto a Navigraph chart, it'll show your aircraft sitting inside the end of the Terminal 1 wings.

These offsets, while maybe not a huge deal to those running stock P3D, definitely affect not only the people running live injected traffic, but also those of us who are running P3D as scenery generators and powering our setups with various different simulators. I have a 747-400 sim running Aerowinx PSX, which uses the NavBlue nav database, meaning that EVERYTHING including all ILSs and runways are positioned according to their real-world counterparts. That makes it pretty easy to realize when a P3D developer has displaced the airport, as when I load up 02C, the two right main landing gear are sitting in the grass; and when I load up 20R, the airplane is sitting in the grass 300ft prior to the runway threshold.

Now, I'm not saying Imaginesim is alone in committing this sin. Not at all. As I mentioned, FSDT's CVYR scenery is a good quarter mile west of where it's supposed to be. Aerosoft's ENGM is offset north by a few hundred feet, enough to make the airplane take out the approach lights trying to do an autoland from one end, or float 1/3 of the way down the runway from the other. Simwings' PANC is the same.

I guess the most encouraging thing is how many developers get it absolutely perfect, as I have about 600 third party airports in my sim and those are the only 3 with problems that I can think of off the top of my head. Most are pretty much perfect.. within a few feet or so either way, anyhow.