Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Imaginesim Singapore Released

On 10/29/2018 at 6:46 AM, ChrisKSDF said:

For someone with over 2000 posts on here, you have a pretty poor understanding of how P3D works. When, in your undoubtedly long history of flight simming, have you ever seen a mesh, AFCAD, or scenery priority conflict that shifts an entire third party airport? These scenery objects are hard-coded to a particular lat/long and for them to haphazardly start shifting about by several hundred feet from system to system is impossible.

The fact is that the airport is displaced on everyone's system, but many users aren't going to notice it because they're happily flying the built-in P3D ILS (which is also shifted) and their AI traffic follows the paths on the included AFCAD which is shifted yet again. It's only when one starts laying the airport on top of other non-shifted addons (such as Navigraph charts, the VATSIM Singapore guys' controller screens that were previously referenced or, in my case, flying ILS approaches in Aerowinx PSX) that the problem becomes apparent.

Oh well, at least it's not FSDT's CYVR which is about 1/4 of mile west of where it's supposed to be.

Chris... *SIGH*

Why? Why do you need to start off, with a personal insult?! Was that really necessary? Whether or not, my personal in-depth knowledge of P3D reflects my post-count, is quite irrelevant in this case - so quite frankly I don't see ANY reason why you would bring that up - other that to make youself feel better... *SIGH*

Since you obviously need to point out my post-count - as some truth of proof of my idiocy, I could throw back, that yes - I've been 'around the block' a few times and have - by that - also stacked up some reputation points. 

And - please please turn down (or simply off) the sarcasm. I don't know if it's intentional or you're trying to be funny - but if it's latter, you're coming off quite poorly, since misunderstood sarcasm (especially when it directed at a person) can easily become an unintended insult.

My point was simply, that when someone reports, that they're having issues with a product (and it's doesn't matter which product), that they just - just for a second - stop and think for themselves... HEY! Could this be my own fault/system/actions, which contributes (or even results) in what I'm seeing?! Could it be, that there's some unknown 3rd party software, which conflicts with my newly purchased and installed software? 
It's alright to report a problem to the community for the purpose of getting help and advice of solving. After all, that's what we're here for. But to - quite frankly just bluntly roar out, that the software is faulty - and not just a minuscule fault, but quite a big thing - without looking at what others are reporting, is just - in my own personal opinion - a really thoughtless and, in some ways, a self-centered act.

I don't know what to say... You seem to be fixed on the idea (based on the latest posts in here), that your own system and setup, is fault free and whenever something acts, shows or behaves in a way you find unexpected, it must be the developers fault...

I'll leave it at that...   

Now, I'm not saying that the software isn't to be blamed! All I'm saying - and advising others to - is simply humor the idea, that their own system, sometimes could be at fault for errors. But that would be to much to admit for some people, since that would automatically mean, that they themselves were to blame - and who wants to blame themselves, when you could shift blame others? It's human nature, I guess - but, oh boy, I wish, that we could just look above and beyond our own nose, once in a while...

...things would get so much clearer.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

15 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Chris... *SIGH*

Why? Why do you need to start off, with a personal insult?! Was that really necessary? Whether or not, my personal in-depth knowledge of P3D reflects my post-count, is quite irrelevant in this case - so quite frankly I don't see ANY reason why you would bring that up - other that to make youself feel better... *SIGH*

Since you obviously need to point out my post-count - as some truth of proof of my idiocy, I could throw back, that yes - I've been 'around the block' a few times and have - by that - also stacked up some reputation points. 

And - please please turn down (or simply off) the sarcasm. I don't know if it's intentional or you're trying to be funny - but if it's latter, you're coming off quite poorly, since misunderstood sarcasm (especially when it directed at a person) can easily become an unintended insult.

My point was simply, that when someone reports, that they're having issues with a product (and it's doesn't matter which product), that they just - just for a second - stop and think for themselves... HEY! Could this be my own fault/system/actions, which contributes (or even results) in what I'm seeing?! Could it be, that there's some unknown 3rd party software, which conflicts with my newly purchased and installed software? 
It's alright to report a problem to the community for the purpose of getting help and advice of solving. After all, that's what we're here for. But to - quite frankly just bluntly roar out, that the software is faulty - and not just a minuscule fault, but quite a big thing - without looking at what others are reporting, is just - in my own personal opinion - a really thoughtless and, in some ways, a self-centered act.

I don't know what to say... You seem to be fixed on the idea (based on the latest posts in here), that your own system and setup, is fault free and whenever something acts, shows or behaves in a way you find unexpected, it must be the developers fault...

I'll leave it at that...   

Now, I'm not saying that the software isn't to be blamed! All I'm saying - and advising others to - is simply humor the idea, that their own system, sometimes could be at fault for errors. But that would be to much to admit for some people, since that would automatically mean, that they themselves were to blame - and who wants to blame themselves, when you could shift blame others? It's human nature, I guess - but, oh boy, I wish, that we could just look above and beyond our own nose, once in a while...

...things would get so much clearer.

Yeah, that's all fine, except that in this case, it had nothing to do with my system or anything else on my end. The problem, as now acknowledged by the developers, is exactly as I described it to be.

I wouldn't come on here and publicly accuse the developers of mislocating the airport unless I was sure that the developers had mislocated the airport. The developers have now acknowledged that they did, indeed, mislocate the airport, and are working to correct it. Massive kudos to them, as this sort of problem often goes unaddressed and uncorrected.

I've been in this hobby for over 30 years since I "borrowed" a copy of MSFS3 from my then-girlfriend's father and installed it on my own home computer. I've built three full-scale simulators (two of them back in the days before it became "mainstream"). I think my post count of 17, 18 or whatever it is now shows that I'm not coming on here randomly throwing around baseless accusations, nor am I really interested in arguing with people who have a, shall we say, rudimentary understanding of how this software works. My original post on this topic was meant to serve as nothing other than a note of caution to other people considering this scenery, and nothing else. Now that the developer has acknowledged the problem and is correcting it, I don't think there's anything else left to be said.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChrisKSDF said:

From Imaginesim today on Facbeook:

Just to keep you up to date. We're currently working with Navigraph to sync our new WSSS with their AIRAC cycles and correct the location issue. More news when we get it.

They also state in the comments that the patch will hopefully be out in a few weeks. Kudos to Imaginesim for stepping up and fixing the issue.

Also, those of you who felt the need to rudely attack those of us in this thread who pointed out a legitimate problem with this scenery can start apologizing now.

Well done on getting a result on such a discrete issue. I did try for an evening to replicate what you had reported and couldn’t... for my own personal interest as I am attempting for the first time to create my own airport and wanted to learn.

They have done quite a smashing job on this airport which I am in and out of frequently so any updates and improvements are welcome!

The airport itself is well done imo but as I already stated I am missing apron vehicle traffic. Another minus is the mismatched transition between airport scenery and default LC scenery on  RW 02L approach.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

10 hours ago, ChrisKSDF said:

The developers have now acknowledged that they did, indeed, mislocate the airport, and are working to correct it.

Chris,

I went out last night and checked WSSS using Real Traffic. If the developer used the MS AFCAD as their basis for the airport it should be fairly close based on my observations using Real Traffic.  If the developer didn't use the MS AFCAD then all bets are off. 🙂

Grace and Peace, 

Edited by Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Did Imaginesim ever release a patch to make WSSS work with Navigraph? I'd like to buy this but I'm holding off because of this issue.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 3:52 AM, ChrisKSDF said:

The scenery looks great and all that, but the developers have mislocated the airport (I would estimate 100 feet west and 200-250 feet south of where it's supposed to be). This obviously isn't a big deal when using P3D's internal ILS, but it certainly is when flying RNAV/RNP approaches where the runways are misaligned. The problem also shows up when using Navigraph charts with Simlink. I was taxiing on NC3 earlier and Navigraph showed my airplane crashing into terminal 1.

Really disappointing.

That's simply unacceptable.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776