Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Imaginesim Singapore Released

I haven’t bought this one (yet), but I own their ATL, AUS, and ZSPD and I find them all enjoyable airports to fly into.  I didn’t buy any imaginesim airports in their earlier days but more recent releases seem to be quite an improvement over their early work.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Well, the scenery appears to be on the correct location on my end. Both Navigraph and PSX agree in its positioning.

Santiago de Larminat

3 hours ago, Guevorkyan said:

Well, the scenery appears to be on the correct location on my end. Both Navigraph and PSX agree in its positioning.

I'm using PSX too, which is how I originally noticed it. Can you try putting the airplane on the threshold of 20C (in PSX) and report back? On my setup, that puts the right gear in the grass.

1 hour ago, ChrisKSDF said:

I'm using PSX too, which is how I originally noticed it. Can you try putting the airplane on the threshold of 20C (in PSX) and report back? On my setup, that puts the right gear in the grass.

Eyes playing tricks on me I looked for a topic but did not find this. Very interested to hear if others have the same problem

Hi Everyone I am using this in P3D V4 and to be honest I haven't seen any positioning problems here.  I did a flight from WSSS to YBBN yesterday in the PMDG B77W and when initialising the fmc there was a difference of .1 in both latitude and longitude from the stand number coordinates.  This is common in just about any payware scenery i have.

Also did 02C touch and goes in the A36 Bonanza with no noticeable issues and putting an aircraft at the holding point is certainly locating it correctly on my system.

The install did mess up my scenery library a bit which i was a little annoyed about which i have now corrected but everything else is fine.

I think the scenery is generally very god and am happy with my purchase for what its worth.

Cheers 

Tim 

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

1 hour ago, barramundilure said:

Hi Everyone I am using this in P3D V4 and to be honest I haven't seen any positioning problems here.  I did a flight from WSSS to YBBN yesterday in the PMDG B77W and when initialising the fmc there was a difference of .1 in both latitude and longitude from the stand number coordinates.  This is common in just about any payware scenery i have.

Also did 02C touch and goes in the A36 Bonanza with no noticeable issues and putting an aircraft at the holding point is certainly locating it correctly on my system.

The install did mess up my scenery library a bit which i was a little annoyed about which i have now corrected but everything else is fine.

I think the scenery is generally very god and am happy with my purchase for what its worth.

Cheers 

Tim 

They might get the gates at the right place. But the taxiways and runways?

6 hours ago, ChrisKSDF said:

I'm not in my system right now, but I've left my sim with WSSS and PSX connected through the night so it could update the gate assignements. 

While hovering around the airport, I followed several aircraft landings, and all of them touched down within the designated landing zone. Some taxiing aircraft seem out of place, but that is no different to other payware airports, and is more due to some ADS-B shortcomings.

Santiago de Larminat

Sorry what is this PSX you guys are mentioning?

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

2 hours ago, barramundilure said:

Sorry what is this PSX you guys are mentioning?

Wild guess : http://www.aerowinx.com/

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

Surely its not Imaginesims fault your PSX programme is not guiding your AI Traffic correctly?  I have FTX traffic coming out of Australia and it looks to be using the taxiways correctly.

Just don't see why this is pinned on Imaginesim WSSS.

I really like it.

• Upvote 1

Regards

Barra

PSX gets the aircraft position data from the ADS-B, meaning that the location of the airplane depends on signal strength from the aircraft's ADS-B transponder and an antenna nearby. Tha's how FR24 and flightaware showcase the aircrafts on their maps.

Sometimes the precision for each aircraft position at all times can be off by a few feet, again depending on signal strength. Given that on my end I see now divergences, then it is the ADS-B doing some funny stuff.

PSX differs with normal traffic bgl schedules in that it is not driven by airport code, but by real-time aircraft positioning. For example, if you don't have any Bangalore scenery (VOBL), you'll see aircraft landing and taxiing on an empty field, purely because it doesn't follow airports but ADS-B. 

So it's pretty normal that your FTX traffic will land correctly in WSSS, even if the airport is 5 miles off.

Edited by Guevorkyan

Santiago de Larminat

4 hours ago, barramundilure said:

Surely its not Imaginesims fault your PSX programme is not guiding your AI Traffic correctly?  I have FTX traffic coming out of Australia and it looks to be using the taxiways correctly.

Just don't see why this is pinned on Imaginesim WSSS.

I really like it.

Sorry for the confusion. The PSX I'm using is actually the Aerowinx 747 simulation linked above. I have no experience with any PSXtraffic program or anything like that.

The airport is definitely displaced and, in my case, the resulting problems have nothing to do with traffic. It has to do with flying the RNAV approach to runway 20C and breaking out of the clouds 100ft right of the runway centerline when one should be perfectly centered. The VATSIM Singapore guys have already put out a statement about the airport displacement stating that, while they'll attempt to work around it, it's really not possible for them to know which taxiway a user is on since their equipment doesn't line up with the Imaginesim airport. As mentioned upthread, their ZSPD scenery has the same displacement problem, which has never been corrected.

It's a fine looking scenery, and most of the location problems are overcome by flying the built-in P3D ILS, which is shifted along with everything else, allowing for nice approaches. As approaches like LPV (which are RNAV approaches essentially with ILS mins) become more common, these offsets are going to become more problematic. The navdata in your sim, in that case, isn't going to shift just because the developer couldn't be bothered to put the airport in the right spot.

I have read elsewhere that the aerial image is completely outdated and various landmarks outside the airport area are missing. Can someone confirm this? I really wanted to buy this scenery, but there are a lot of problems surfacing at the moment...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT