Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

X-Plane 11.30 Beta is out!

1 minute ago, soaring_penguin said:

Waiting for Von Target to share his findings ! I suppose he is installing right now...

Von target is on chat with me asking me to test the new fdm. 

But rest assured he will check it that's a guarantee

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

1 hour ago, HumptyDumpty said:

There should be an X-plane 11 installer .exe or an equivalent for linux (if you are using XP in linux) in XP folder , run that and select Update X-plane, also tick mark "beta" , if that file ain't in you X-plane folder than download the installer from the x-plane website.

If you run XP it should also see the update

Thank you sir! 

33 minutes ago, Arasaka said:

Folks, can anyone please advice on the crosswind / ground handling behavior? I don't use the XP11 at present but try to follow any major changes. AFAIK, the excessive weathervaning was a problem. Are there any changes now?

Big improvement with crosswind and ground handling! I set up a 15k crosswind and had no problem taking off and landing with the proper flight control inputs! The plane does not spin on the ground anymore either!

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1 minute ago, strider1 said:

Big improvement with crosswind and ground handling! I set up a 15k crosswind and had no problem taking off and landing with the proper flight control inputs! The plane does not spin on the ground anymore either!

Very very good to know, thanks for sharing.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

3 minutes ago, strider1 said:

Is that using the experimental fm?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 minute ago, strider1 said:

Thanks. That's great! I'm happy they are trying to improve some fundamental stuff.

I just suffocated when flying the FF A320 when passing FL140, so a new bleed-logic is probably causing some issues there. Everything started to go dark although the cabin-pressure seemed alright. It sure made the test-flight interesting though 😉 

Good to know the ground handling has got better, anyone tried with tail draggers ? 

Still setting up my arduino with the gyro hence can't test. Would be nice to know how the draggers handle now, i got two the 109 / Corsair.

21 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Is that using the experimental fm?

It was with both! This was in the default 172. I am not sure if there is a difference between experimental on or off in the 172. Need to test more!

Edited by strider1

Eric Escobar

Just tried a 20k crosswind, no problem taking off and landing-using the low-wing method. Takes quit a bit of power to get the plane moving from a complete stand still, feels realistic from my real-world 172 flying!

Edited by strider1

Eric Escobar

Does the 747 still tilt to the downwind side in a 30kts crosswind at low speed?

@Avidean

No idea, best is to ask on the dev blog.

2 hours ago, strider1 said:

Just tried a 20k crosswind, no problem taking off and landing-using the low-wing method. Takes quit a bit of power to get the plane moving from a complete stand still, feels realistic from my real-world 172 flying!

How was taxiing in that wind in the 172?  

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)