Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

X-Plane 11.30 Beta is out!

Hmmmmmmm..... My observation so far is that I've lost a bit of FPS, 8-10, and that shadows seem to have been nerfed a bit. Now they appear very abruptly, very close to the aircraft, and no longer seem to fade in slowly as they once did.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

13 minutes ago, Gridley said:

How was taxiing in that wind in the 172?  

Realistic and or similar to the 172 that I rent in the real world.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

6 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

There should be an X-plane 11 installer .exe or an equivalent for linux (if you are using XP in linux) in XP folder , run that and select Update X-plane, also tick mark "beta" , if that file ain't in you X-plane folder than download the installer from the x-plane website.

If you run XP it should also see the update

@captjames I would recommend as you are new to X-plane that you do not tick "beta". Plenty in the latest version 11.26 to get you started 🙂

Edited by blocks_off

1 hour ago, blocks_off said:

@captjames I would recommend as you are new to X-plane that you do not tick "beta". Plenty in the latest version 11.26 to get you started 🙂

Thats like asking a kid not to eat candy 🤡

Eric Escobar

2 hours ago, strider1 said:

Thats like asking a kid not to eat candy 🤡

Yep! 🙂

Newcomers to X-Plane should know that Laminar has a very good record --  at least for the many years I've been using X-Plane -- of releasing beta versions that don't usually have any major problems, Just minor stuff here and there to tweak before it goes final.

I've only seen a few serious bugs in many years using the betas. When that happens, there has always been a hot-fix right away. And it's easy to roll back to the current official release by just un-checking the "beta version" box in the installer. There is really no risk in trying a beta version, in my experience.

Edit to add: And you can help out the community by reporting any problems you do find in a beta version, on the official bug report page. The whole point of a public beta is to expose the test version to the widest possible number of users and platforms. Here's the link: 

http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

Edited by Paraffin

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

hmm my scenery_packs.ini has now new entries:

SCENERY_PACK KSEA Mobile/
SCENERY_PACK LOWI Mobile/
SCENERY_PACK PHNL Mobile/
SCENERY_PACK PAJN Mobile/
SCENERY_PACK KGCN Mobile/
SCENERY_PACK 900 beaches/
SCENERY_PACK 900 world terrain/
SCENERY_PACK Mobile_Airport_Lib/
SCENERY_PACK Mobile_Pavement_Lib/
SCENERY_PACK Mobile_Autogen_Lib/
SCENERY_PACK base meshes/
SCENERY_PACK military/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_Alaska/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_Grand_Canyon/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_Internal/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_KSEA/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_LOWI/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_Hawaii/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_Test_Flights/

how do i place them correctly??

Users which want to try the Beta without losing their stable version can just copy their X-Plane folder (you can symlink to big Custom Sceneries like Orthos), and then update that Copy to the Beta.

But please double check, that the installer is pointing to the copy. It's most likely pointing to the "original" as default.

Edited by mgeiss

2 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

hmm my scenery_packs.ini has now new entries:

SCENERY_PACK KSEA Mobile/
SCENERY_PACK LOWI Mobile/
SCENERY_PACK PHNL Mobile/
SCENERY_PACK PAJN Mobile/
SCENERY_PACK KGCN Mobile/
SCENERY_PACK 900 beaches/
SCENERY_PACK 900 world terrain/
SCENERY_PACK Mobile_Airport_Lib/
SCENERY_PACK Mobile_Pavement_Lib/
SCENERY_PACK Mobile_Autogen_Lib/
SCENERY_PACK base meshes/
SCENERY_PACK military/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_Alaska/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_Grand_Canyon/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_Internal/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_KSEA/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_LOWI/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_Hawaii/
SCENERY_PACK v10MobileScenery_Test_Flights/

how do i place them correctly??

It's a bug, read the dev blog!

Eric Escobar

To actually offer something helpful, the Q-A answer in the dev blog (Not an entry in its own right, so perhaps easy to overlook.) says these are non-consequential lines for desktop users, and thus can safely be ignored. Will be cleaned up in the next drop.

Best,

marshall

Edited by HamSammich
typo

9 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Hmmmmmmm..... My observation so far is that I've lost a bit of FPS, 8-10, and that shadows seem to have been nerfed a bit. Now they appear very abruptly, very close to the aircraft, and no longer seem to fade in slowly as they once did.

Beta !

was expected , i do have performance loss and weird horrible artifact under linux. Bug with AMD GPU in this update which they have mentioned. It's those new shaders which is the cause.

I see you got the 2080 Ti devon , how is it compared to the 1080 Ti ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

33 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Beta !

was expected , i do have performance loss and weird horrible artifact under linux. Bug with AMD GPU in this update which they have mentioned. It's those new shaders which is the cause.

I am running without problems under Linux with NVidia GTX 1070 stock. Today, it is still the best value for the money, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, soaring_penguin said:

I am running without problems under Linux with NVidia GTX 1070 stock. Today, it is still the best value for the money, IMO. 

They have an AMD GPU bug which is already mentioned. That same bug is also noticeable under windows but at a lesser content.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

I see you got the 2080 Ti devon , how is it compared to the 1080 Ti ?

It doesn't necessarily give you more fps, it just allows you turn up more settings while maintaining the same fps. Or at least it did. With the latest release, the two videos I recently did would not be possible, due to a significant framerate loss with 11.30

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Understood. But there was also the question about which NVidia GPU is best. For X-Plane, I think the new 20x0 is way overpriced. But this discussion can maybe better be done in a different topic 😎 .

7 minutes ago, soaring_penguin said:

Understood. But there was also the question about which NVidia GPU is best. For X-Plane, I think the new 20x0 is way overpriced. But this discussion can maybe better be done in a different topic 😎 .

Ah hahaha got it.