Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

X-Plane 11.30 Beta is out!

3 hours ago, MadDog said:

Just curious if you're using the "experimental" flight model or default?  Ground friction seems to be much improved with both.  Have only spent a few minutes with the experimental flight dynamics in the C172; but didn't notice any huge differences (is the impact of propwash better in experimental?).  Either way, very happy with the changes!

I am testing with the new "experimental flight model" ticked, but I also open each aircraft I test in Plane Maker and save it, even if not touching anything. 

I do this because I got the idea that simply ticking the new option didn't "do the miracle" in the default C172, Stinson, C90 and S76 I tested.

The only aircraft add-ons I use ( although I own a few more ) for XP11 are the SkunkWorks P51d and the X-Trident Bell 412. Both are performing ok for me.

Even the Stinson A5 can now be taxied in moderate winds, and I enabled, as I always do, it's tailwheel for free-castering in Plane Maker.

Some users are complaining about their aircraft feeling glued to the ground when they make contact with it after taking off. I did notice something I found weird on my tests, but I was testing the Stinson with LPPT gusting winds this weekend, so I though that although it appeared overdone it might be the cause.

Beware also that some default aircraft, the C90 being a good example, have their neutral ( ground adjustable ) aileron and rudder trim tab positions overdone due to the times when there was that "torque bug" so we must edit them in Plane Maker and either make null or considerably reduce the values on these trim tabs.

I also have an Indian Fighter Jet ( Mig-21 ) and helicopter pilot testing it for me... Waiting for he's feedback 🙂

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

12 hours ago, jcomm said:

Yes, of course full down collective doesn't count, but even if you use it, when you rise it you load the rotor enough to enter VRS too... 

Anyway I did try the 412 and it was also impossible to recover near the ground in one of my tests. So something really changed for the better...

If you raise the collective to fast to pull out of VRS wouldn't that be dangerous.

Your downwash will increase very fast.

I think using cyclic or pointing into the wind would be a better bet.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

2 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

If you raise the collective to fast to pull out of VRS wouldn't that be dangerous.

Your downwash will increase very fast.

I think using cyclic or pointing into the wind would be a better bet.

Exactly, that's how it is suposed to be done, or even usingh some other recovery techniques like this one

The "problem" in X-Plane is that 99% of the time you can easily recover by simply adding collective.

It's not fixed in 11.30, maybe a bit better than before though...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Exactly, that's how it is suposed to be done, or even usingh some other recovery techniques like this one

This video is frightening and insanely beautiful !

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

You should try that in the 412 with AP disconnected now that would be fun

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

What would be great to have would be some form of visualization of the flows, like in that video, in X-Plane's FDM Visualization Mode...

Have to ask Austin for X-Plane 12 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

15 hours ago, strider1 said:

The light/cloud transparency bug was a huge pet peeve of mine, flying IFR at night is a blast now! That + better ground effect and the TBM 900 has pulled me back into the sim!!!! 

You and me both on that issue. Is the TBM working well in the beta? Might try it if it works good!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

45 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Is the TBM working well in the beta? Might try it if it works good!

Just did a 2 hour flight yesterday after updating to 11.30 and TBM 1.0.8.  No issues.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

11 hours ago, jcomm said:

Some users are complaining about their aircraft feeling glued to the ground when they make contact with it after taking off. I did notice something I found weird on my tests, but I was testing the Stinson with LPPT gusting winds this weekend, so I though that although it appeared overdone it might be the cause.

Beware also that some default aircraft, the C90 being a good example, have their neutral ( ground adjustable ) aileron and rudder trim tab positions overdone due to the times when there was that "torque bug" so we must edit them in Plane Maker and either make null or considerably reduce the values on these trim tabs

The "stickiness" is also present for me and I've only tested the C90B with no particular bad weather setup at all. You need high idle just to taxi after landing.

So that's why the C90 won't trim as nicely anymore.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

4 hours ago, Bjoern said:

The "stickiness" is also present for me and I've only tested the C90B with no particular bad weather setup at all. You need high idle just to taxi after landing.

So that's why the C90 won't trim as nicely anymore.

The "stickiness" is a confirmed bug thats now fixed for the next beta!

Edited by strider1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

On 10/29/2018 at 11:24 PM, strider1 said:

The "stickiness" is a confirmed bug thats now fixed for the next beta!

Yup. Read Austin's posts, too.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

To those who use the 11.30 beta. How do you like the overhauled ATC?

1 hour ago, jt8d9a said:

To those who use the 11.30 beta. How do you like the overhauled ATC?

Yeah, I'd like to know that! In videos, it seems just the speech output has changed (a lot to the better), but does it actually work better?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I would like to know also, it looks like the interface is a little bit more streamlined, not as nice as FSX tough. And still IFR only, no VFR...? Does it still guide through mountains, instead over?