Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

X-Plane 11.30 Beta is out!

4 hours ago, Pochi said:

Lights seem to be no more visible through the cloud!  

Pierre

Really!?  Excellent!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

11 hours ago, Griphos said:

So, I should remove the ultimate lua plugin that changes water textures?  

LUA scripts still work (provided that the dataref they control still exists).

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

But I believe ultimate lua mod changes sky and water textures as well. I’ll update again and let those textures be overwritten and remove the lua and try again to test FPS. I’ve lost a lot of performance in the beta. 

If the sky, cloud and water textures are larger than the originals, they might indeed have an impact on FPS with 11.30s modified shaders.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

No difference in my case compared to b4

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Well, I removed those 3rd party textures and the Ultimate Mod lua script, but b5 was available, so I updated as well.  Now I don't know which was the issue, but my FPS seem back to normal.  I may add the Ultimate Mod back in just to test.

3 hours ago, filou said:

No difference in my case compared to b4

Same here, performance seemed arguably worse whether using stock or add-on aircraft, back to 11.26 (again).

John

B5 has lighting issues, here's Ben's comments:

"The lighting is missing for chunks of the runway, city, etc. When b6 fixes this, we’ll cut a Steam build."

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I compared two identical flights in the Eclipse 550 from KPUB to KEZZ, one in b5 without Ultimate lua, and one in the regular 11.26 with.  It appears that under otherwise identical conditions, I have lost about 20 FPS in the beta.  I get 60 FPS consistently in 11.26, and 40 in the beta.  

I don't remember exactly but this script changes datarefs how clouds are drawn, usually resulting in a fps boost. It would be interesting to see if you get the same results in 11.26 with and without. 

Your comparison does not tell me if the improvements introduced in beta 5 are any good, comparing apples with oranges.

• Upvote 1

As stated earlier in the thread, the point was that Ultimate lua changes sky textures, which doesn’t play nicely with the new beta.  Since i had very poor frame rates in the beta WITH Ultimate lua, the point was to try the beta without. It didn’t help to remove Ultimate lua, it seems. Either way, performance in the beta is poorer than in 11.26. 

I wasn’t trying to test improvements in beta5.  You can do that yourself, if you’d like. 

Edited by Griphos

2 hours ago, Griphos said:

As stated earlier in the thread, the point was that Ultimate lua changes sky textures, which doesn’t play nicely with the new beta.  Since i had very poor frame rates in the beta WITH Ultimate lua, the point was to try the beta without. It didn’t help to remove Ultimate lua, it seems. Either way, performance in the beta I’d poorer than in 11.26. 

I wasn’t trying to test improvements in beta5.  You can do that yourself, if you’d like. 

I did not have access to the pc at this time.

2 things: I wouldn't compare the beta with a stable release, unless you want to test if the improvements are valid, or not. So your test is indeed proving nothing, you are comparing apples and oranges, without any added value. Second, in your case, I suggest to turn the FPS counter off. The hunt for FPS is from earlier days. Over 40fps, what counts is if there are stutter and how smooth everything runs. I never see 60FPS on my aging system (and I don't have the resources to buy new hardware), I don't complain.

This is a discussion thread about the beta, so yes, I am interested to see how beta 5 keeps it promises about the performance improvements on other systems but mine also.
That is why I asked if it is possible please to compare 11.26 without the Ultimate lua, and 11.30b5 without the Ultimate lua... (I hope my musings make sense, I return home from  a long journey and I should go to bed now).

Yes, you probably should. Again, it is a thread about the beta, in which many people noted poorer performance compared to the current release, so most of the thread is basically about comparing performance between the current 11.26 and the beta, whether or not you think that is a good idea. 

And I tested FPS in the beta, both with and without Ultimate Lua, which might have been affecting performance because of textures, as was noted. So my test of beta both with and without Ultimate showed exactly what I needed it to, which was whether Ultimate Lua affects FPS in the beta. It does not appear to. 

And I don’t worry about FYS and don’t usually have the counter on, UNLESS, AS WAS the case when I tried the beta, performance is so poor as to be noticeable, whiach it was. So I don’t need your second piece of a advice either.

Perhaps the next time you get home from a long trip, you go to bed first and then visit the forum later when you have time to actually read the threads before responding and aren’t so grumpy. 😜

Edited by Griphos
  • Like 1