Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

X-Plane 11.30 Beta is out!

1 hour ago, peloto said:

B6 is out the oven, in the dish, ready.

I did a quick flight around town, and at first looks, all the visual problems like 2D trees, missing lights, ... have been solved. On my system, performance is a bit better then 11.26 (UHD mesh would trash my framerate, making it unuseable, now I can fly without stuttering and a steady framerate of 25 - 30FPS around these regions).

As usual, for performance, you mileage may vary (as well as you expectations 😉 ).

Oh, and clouds are looking better and better, cumulus are more defined now.

Reflections and scenery shadows still bring framerate down.

Jan

Had a CTD on the first start, but then all was fine and didn't happen again.

Tested with all add-ons.

Looks smoother than b5.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Any reason to uninstall Mister X's HD trees now?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

theres also a strange flashing in the VC of the Cessna with b6.  I think its the engine smoke effect.

On my system I cant load any previously working METARs (Load custom METAR from weather menu).  I think maybe a previous beta updater wasn't right because one of them told me that I had altered nearly every file it wanted to update and that's not normal updater behavior.

Im going back to 11.26rc2 for a while.  but things were looking pretty good (cloud lighting, overall lighting...still have the annoying sudden sky brightness changes when crossing specific longitude lines though: take off from KMTN and fly 240 degrees to KBWI at sunset - sky will darken right as fly over KBWI)

I think Im through with reporting bugs.  they really don't care.

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

24 minutes ago, sightseer said:

I think Im through with reporting bugs.  they really don't care.

I doubt that's the case. They're just prioritizing the more critical bugs first, and Laminar usually puts minor graphics glitches lower in the "to do" list than bugs related to flight model and overall stability. It's a small team and they can't work on everything at once.

As long as we're not posting repeated instances of the same bug, which they explicitly request us not to do, then we're performing a valuable service with these bug reports.

• Like 3

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

10 hours ago, soaring_penguin said:

Oh, and clouds are looking better and better, cumulus are more defined now.

I'm seeing a kind of repetition of cloud patterns I haven't ever noticed before.

DA62-1.png

DA62-8.png

DA62-10.png

Also, in the latest update, I get the strange flashing effect in cockpit noted above, whether from smoke effects or perhaps cloud textures impinging inside the cockpit, I don't know.  

I have terrible terrible performance in the heavy overcast or above. FPS drops in half. I know my AAx8 setting is the culprit. But used to be Ok (in the current stable version). Latest 11.30b6 here and no add-ons yet.

(6700k @4.7GHz gtx 1080Ti)

Edited by Dirk98

On 11/29/2018 at 8:59 PM, Griphos said:

I'm seeing a kind of repetition of cloud patterns I haven't ever noticed before.

DA62-1.png

DA62-8.png

DA62-10.png

Also, in the latest update, I get the strange flashing effect in cockpit noted above, whether from smoke effects or perhaps cloud textures impinging inside the cockpit, I don't know.  

Try a single propeller, it looks like it does blow dust/particles directly in your face in the cockpit. I'll try to change nVidia driver to the latest one 417.01 but it's something in the gfx rendering of the current XP11 beta.

Edited by Dirk98

4 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Try a single propeller, it looks like it does blow dust/particles directly in your face in the cockpit. I'll try to change nVidia driver to the latest one 417.01 but it's something in the gfx rendering of the current XP11 beta.

Yes I noticed this too with default planes. I think it is the new particle system again . We have also seen condens in the 737 cabin in a previous build.,

Thanks Nils

Sadly, I've come to rely on xVision too much, so I'm not updating to 11.30 until that is updated as well. Seems like a game of cat & mouse at the moment 🙂

There is a problem with the lod calculation. Buildings disappear and reappear without good reason, even close by.

Edited by soaring_penguin