Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

X-Plane 11.30 Beta is out!

The long waited as arrived...

• Like 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Yep,

wish they had released with some porting of  Vulkan so i would know my upgrade path. But probably it wouldn't have worked with only a little code of it.

Hope this update has something nice.

Edited by HumptyDumpty
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I’m fairly new to XPlane. When the time comes, how to I upgrade from my current 11 to future versions?

16 minutes ago, captjames said:

I’m fairly new to XPlane. When the time comes, how to I upgrade from my current 11 to future versions?

There should be an X-plane 11 installer .exe or an equivalent for linux (if you are using XP in linux) in XP folder , run that and select Update X-plane, also tick mark "beta" , if that file ain't in you X-plane folder than download the installer from the x-plane website.

If you run XP it should also see the update

Edited by HumptyDumpty
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Yep,

wish they had released with some porting of  Vulkan so i would know my upgrade path. But probably it wouldn't have worked with only a little code of it.

Hope this update has something nice.

Is was announced already that was not coming in this update, btw the shaders change in this release is already preparing XP for Vulkan, that is coming probably in the beginning of next year 😉

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

3 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Is was announced already that was not coming in this update, btw the shaders change in this release is already preparing XP for Vulkan, that is coming probably in the beginning of next year 😉

Yeah , i read about vulkan for next year only in today blog. I was under the impression that some porting would be given. Do you mean the shaders are Vulkan based ? or they still opengl ?

Just updating, download of 634 mb.

6 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Yeah , i read about vulkan for next year only in today blog. I was under the impression that some porting would be given. Do you mean the shaders are Vulkan based ? or they still opengl ?

Just updating, download of 634 mb.

That i dont know the answer mate, but in the last dev live session from Laminar, Ben clearly told that this shader change was because of vulkan.

Marques

Just now, dmarques69 said:

That i dont know the answer mate, but in the last dev live session from Laminar, Ben clearly told that this shader change was because of vulkan.

Yep, just noticing a huge list of new shaders 

Experimental Flight Model is available.

28 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Experimental Flight Model is available.

How do you enable it? Planemaker?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1 minute ago, strider1 said:

How do you enable it? Planemaker?

It's under the General tab. No idea if there is any option like that in PM haven't checked in PM.

Think the new Experimental FDM is related to fixed wings only not sure though. I did read somewhere that even the VRS issue would be added in this release. 

BTW how is the 1800x performing ? 

Edited by HumptyDumpty

Folks, can anyone please advice on the crosswind / ground handling behavior? I don't use the XP11 at present but try to follow any major changes. AFAIK, the excessive weathervaning was a problem. Are there any changes now?

1 minute ago, Arasaka said:

Folks, can anyone please advice on the crosswind / ground handling behavior? I don't use the XP11 at present but try to follow any major changes. AFAIK, the excessive weathervaning was a problem. Are there any changes now?

no idea , but there is a post on .org stating that the landing is much better. 

1 minute ago, Arasaka said:

Waiting for Von Target to share his findings ! I suppose he is installing right now...