Sign in to follow this  
sdenton

Error HRESULT 80004005 ....Mayday....Mayday

Same thing here I trying to put FSX in and all I get is repair and uninstall  ?? So like you I went to that page and gave it a try and got the same thing???  HELP HELP 

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

1 hour ago, sdenton said:

Same thing here I trying to put FSX in and all I get is repair and uninstall  ?? So like you I went to that page and gave it a try and got the same thing???  HELP HELP 

I have split your post off from that ancient topic.  So you tried the PartMgr trick and it didn't work?

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
5. Close Registry Editor
6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I also did it and no help at all

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

Then you must be doing it wrong. Perhaps we need some screenies of what you are seeing in the upper filters value. Please take screenshots using your (PrtScn or Alt+PrtScn keys) to capture an image of your regedit panel, open at the Registry Key  Charlie quoted above
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SYSTEM
\ControlSet001
\Control
\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} . 

PartMgr.jpg

Make sure its the key quoted in UpperCase (Circled in Orange) as there is also a lowercase Key which is not the one we will be checking and altering.

Then paste it to MS Paint save as Jpeg then upload and attach it in your reply.  Also take a screenie of the Upper Filters dialog panel for that Key showing any Upper Filters that are not entered as PartMgr exactly as quoted.  The word PartMgr is case sensitive. It is important that there only be one Value PartMgr entered in the Upper Filters section of the quoted Key. It is also important to restart your PC.

If you have entered the correct value then once FSX starts you should see a request to activate Acceleration Pack, please have your 25 digit Acceleration Pack software key handy and activate AccPack online.  Once activated you should not see the Error 80004005 dialog but a fully activated FSX+AccPack you should also accept the new controller Key mapping for use in missions and newly added aircraft. 

Edited by Jethro
  • Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

google microsoft uninstaller it work for me, took out FSX and it went back in great