Dirk98

FSL A320X FMGC newest problem never seen before

Recommended Posts

I've posted this on flightsimlabs but avsim has a larger coverage:

Guys, I'm having an annoying problem with FMGC regularly dropping the preset automated T/O data after entering all the flight numbers and engaging FDs (while on the ground). For about 4 mins all looks and works good on FCU, all dots are where needed, after entering all the data.Then (I think) there's sound like a breaker  blows up, the dots on FCU turn into numbers, flight directors appear on the PFD. To fix the problem I have to reset FDs again, all turns back to normal, then after about 3 mins the same thing happens again. For the sake of experiment I tried to ignore the problem till hold short, then reset the FDs, I took off, the flight went all good to the very end. I don't know what is happening, I've never seen this with FSL A320X. Any ideas at all?

Thanks

Edited by Dirk98

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

I've posted this on flightsimlabs but avsim has a larger coverage:

Guys, I'm having an annoying problem with FMGC regularly dropping the preset automated T/O data after entering all the flight numbers and engaging FDs (while on the ground). For about 4 mins all looks and works good on FCU, all dots are where needed, after entering all the data.Then (I think) there's sound like a breaker  blows up, the dots on FCU turn into numbers, flight directors appear on the PFD. To fix the problem I have to reset FDs again, all turns back to normal, then after about 3 mins the same thing happens again. For the sake of experiment I tried to ignore the problem till hold short, then reset the FDs, I took off, the flight went all good to the very end. I don't know what is happening, I've never seen this with FSL A320X. Any ideas at all?

Thanks

sounds like   your  losing  your  gpu  power   at  start  up, if  your using  gsx2   and  connecting  the  jet  way  after connecting your  gpu  will results in losing the gpu  connection,  solution  for  now  till fsl  bring out  a  update  for this  issue  is  to  connect  your  jetway  first than connect  your  gpu.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I've figured this out after some grinding. It's interesting, this problem occurs only with GSX2 controlled SODE jetways. If you dont change them to SODE and use the default ones instead all works just fine with GSX2 and FSL A320X.

Edited by Dirk98

Share this post


Link to post

It's a known issue where the FSL bus does not handle the automatic ground power connections correctly when the GSX2 SODE jetways try to automagically connect ground power as part of docking the jetway to the jet.  It doesn't happen with stock SODE jetways because the automatic connection is a GSX feature, not a SODE one.  FSL says they will fix in next version, but don't ask when that might be...

There are several threads here and at FSL that detail workarounds for the problem.

Regards

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, w6kd said:

It's a known issue where the FSL bus does not handle the automatic ground power connections correctly when the GSX2 SODE jetways try to automagically connect ground power as part of docking the jetway to the jet.  It doesn't happen with stock SODE jetways because the automatic connection is a GSX feature, not a SODE one.  FSL says they will fix in next version, but don't ask when that might be...

There are several threads here and at FSL that detail workarounds for the problem.

Regards

 

yep  just  have  to  wait  for  the  fsl update to come  out,  as I  said the  workaround is  to  connect the  jetways  first 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, pete_auau said:

yep  just  have  to  wait  for  the  fsl update to come  out,  as I  said the  workaround is  to  connect the  jetways  first 

Nope, the workaround is to revert GSX2-modified jetways back to default ones. No matter when I connect the jetways this specific problem above occurs, even with APU running. Otherwise dont't connect jetways/dont load PAX at all, then GSX2 pushback will work just fine.

Edited by Dirk98

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Nope, the workaround is to revert GSX2-modified jetways back to default ones. No matter when I connect the jetways this specific problem above occurs, even with APU running. Otherwise dont't connect jetways/dont load PAX at all, then GSX2 pushback will work just fine.

than  you must  be  using  a  saved  panel state,  as  I have  no  issues  in  connecting the jetways  first

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, pete_auau said:

than  you must  be  using  a  saved  panel state,  as  I have  no  issues  in  connecting the jetways  first

That's interesting. I always start a saved flight at a certain gate in default LM's Mooney, soon as it loads I change to FSL A320X, so it must be a fresh start for the A320X. That's why I'm worried, I think I made it first time Ok by connecting the jetway first and didn't see any problem. Then something changed, will need to investigate more.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

That's interesting. I always start a saved flight at a certain gate in default LM's Mooney, soon as it loads I change to FSL A320X, so it must be a fresh start for the A320X. That's why I'm worried, I think I made it first time Ok by connecting the jetway first and didn't see any problem. Then something changed, will need to investigate more.

Thanks.

yep  has  to be  a fresh  start  of the  fsl, hopefully   soon  fsl  will bring out  a update  to  solve  this  issue

Share this post


Link to post

Actually since i'm always a bit short on time I always start the APU and I use the GPU until the APU comes to life. It works in all planes even with the PMDG stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:42 AM, LH340fan said:

Actually since i'm always a bit short on time I always start the APU and I use the GPU until the APU comes to life. It works in all planes even with the PMDG stuff.

Since this is  a fsl  topic and only  relates  to  fsl  aircraft,  so  pmdg  will have  no issues  at all

Share this post


Link to post

Ironically, you might even consider this some additional realism lol...

Last night on one of the remote stands at Manchester, the plug for the GPU kept dropping out of the socket of an A320 we were working on (anyone who has ever plugged one of those in will know just how heavy the plug for those things is - gravity is not their friend - which is why they have a little lanyard with a clip which attaches to the aeroplane to help support the weight of them). It's very annoying when the power drops out and can't operate the doors and such and you can guarantee this sort of thing will happen when it's absolutely 'persisting it down' with rain, as it was last night.

Not only that, we were trying to get the job done quickly since we were already two and a half hours past our hometime and still had to do a tow off of an A321 as well before we could go. Ironically, that A321 which we subsequently towed also had no power, so we were towing it without its anti-collision beacons and nav lights working, so we had to get a follow me car to drive behind the aeroplane with its lights going so people could see us moving the aeroplane.

On the plus side of all this, when we were making sure that A321 was safely parked after it had been towed (translation: I go and sneak over to an adjacent remote stand and furtively pinch some chocks and cones off some other aeroplanes lol), there was a brand spanking new Boeing 737 Max in Spice Jet livery which I had to walk past a couple of times, it was literally on its first ferry flight from the Boeing Seattle factory to its new owners and it was only stopping off at Manchester to be refueled. It's not often you get to see a jet which is literally brand new, it was very nice and shiny indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Alistair Logie said:

Did it have that "new plane" smell?

I'll have to assume so, but I never went in it, just walked around the outside of it, so all I could smell was jet fuel lol

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now