Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSL A320X FMGC newest problem never seen before

I've posted this on flightsimlabs but avsim has a larger coverage:

Guys, I'm having an annoying problem with FMGC regularly dropping the preset automated T/O data after entering all the flight numbers and engaging FDs (while on the ground). For about 4 mins all looks and works good on FCU, all dots are where needed, after entering all the data.Then (I think) there's sound like a breaker  blows up, the dots on FCU turn into numbers, flight directors appear on the PFD. To fix the problem I have to reset FDs again, all turns back to normal, then after about 3 mins the same thing happens again. For the sake of experiment I tried to ignore the problem till hold short, then reset the FDs, I took off, the flight went all good to the very end. I don't know what is happening, I've never seen this with FSL A320X. Any ideas at all?

Thanks

Edited by Dirk98

2 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

I've posted this on flightsimlabs but avsim has a larger coverage:

Guys, I'm having an annoying problem with FMGC regularly dropping the preset automated T/O data after entering all the flight numbers and engaging FDs (while on the ground). For about 4 mins all looks and works good on FCU, all dots are where needed, after entering all the data.Then (I think) there's sound like a breaker  blows up, the dots on FCU turn into numbers, flight directors appear on the PFD. To fix the problem I have to reset FDs again, all turns back to normal, then after about 3 mins the same thing happens again. For the sake of experiment I tried to ignore the problem till hold short, then reset the FDs, I took off, the flight went all good to the very end. I don't know what is happening, I've never seen this with FSL A320X. Any ideas at all?

Thanks

sounds like   your  losing  your  gpu  power   at  start  up, if  your using  gsx2   and  connecting  the  jet  way  after connecting your  gpu  will results in losing the gpu  connection,  solution  for  now  till fsl  bring out  a  update  for this  issue  is  to  connect  your  jetway  first than connect  your  gpu.

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I've figured this out after some grinding. It's interesting, this problem occurs only with GSX2 controlled SODE jetways. If you dont change them to SODE and use the default ones instead all works just fine with GSX2 and FSL A320X.

Edited by Dirk98

It's a known issue where the FSL bus does not handle the automatic ground power connections correctly when the GSX2 SODE jetways try to automagically connect ground power as part of docking the jetway to the jet.  It doesn't happen with stock SODE jetways because the automatic connection is a GSX feature, not a SODE one.  FSL says they will fix in next version, but don't ask when that might be...

There are several threads here and at FSL that detail workarounds for the problem.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

16 hours ago, w6kd said:

It's a known issue where the FSL bus does not handle the automatic ground power connections correctly when the GSX2 SODE jetways try to automagically connect ground power as part of docking the jetway to the jet.  It doesn't happen with stock SODE jetways because the automatic connection is a GSX feature, not a SODE one.  FSL says they will fix in next version, but don't ask when that might be...

There are several threads here and at FSL that detail workarounds for the problem.

Regards

yep  just  have  to  wait  for  the  fsl update to come  out,  as I  said the  workaround is  to  connect the  jetways  first 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, pete_auau said:

yep  just  have  to  wait  for  the  fsl update to come  out,  as I  said the  workaround is  to  connect the  jetways  first 

Nope, the workaround is to revert GSX2-modified jetways back to default ones. No matter when I connect the jetways this specific problem above occurs, even with APU running. Otherwise dont't connect jetways/dont load PAX at all, then GSX2 pushback will work just fine.

Edited by Dirk98

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Nope, the workaround is to revert GSX2-modified jetways back to default ones. No matter when I connect the jetways this specific problem above occurs, even with APU running. Otherwise dont't connect jetways/dont load PAX at all, then GSX2 pushback will work just fine.

than  you must  be  using  a  saved  panel state,  as  I have  no  issues  in  connecting the jetways  first

Peter kelberg

On 10/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, pete_auau said:

than  you must  be  using  a  saved  panel state,  as  I have  no  issues  in  connecting the jetways  first

That's interesting. I always start a saved flight at a certain gate in default LM's Mooney, soon as it loads I change to FSL A320X, so it must be a fresh start for the A320X. That's why I'm worried, I think I made it first time Ok by connecting the jetway first and didn't see any problem. Then something changed, will need to investigate more.

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

That's interesting. I always start a saved flight at a certain gate in default LM's Mooney, soon as it loads I change to FSL A320X, so it must be a fresh start for the A320X. That's why I'm worried, I think I made it first time Ok by connecting the jetway first and didn't see any problem. Then something changed, will need to investigate more.

Thanks.

yep  has  to be  a fresh  start  of the  fsl, hopefully   soon  fsl  will bring out  a update  to  solve  this  issue

Peter kelberg

Actually since i'm always a bit short on time I always start the APU and I use the GPU until the APU comes to life. It works in all planes even with the PMDG stuff.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:42 AM, LH340fan said:

Actually since i'm always a bit short on time I always start the APU and I use the GPU until the APU comes to life. It works in all planes even with the PMDG stuff.

Since this is  a fsl  topic and only  relates  to  fsl  aircraft,  so  pmdg  will have  no issues  at all

Peter kelberg

Ironically, you might even consider this some additional realism lol...

Last night on one of the remote stands at Manchester, the plug for the GPU kept dropping out of the socket of an A320 we were working on (anyone who has ever plugged one of those in will know just how heavy the plug for those things is - gravity is not their friend - which is why they have a little lanyard with a clip which attaches to the aeroplane to help support the weight of them). It's very annoying when the power drops out and can't operate the doors and such and you can guarantee this sort of thing will happen when it's absolutely 'persisting it down' with rain, as it was last night.

Not only that, we were trying to get the job done quickly since we were already two and a half hours past our hometime and still had to do a tow off of an A321 as well before we could go. Ironically, that A321 which we subsequently towed also had no power, so we were towing it without its anti-collision beacons and nav lights working, so we had to get a follow me car to drive behind the aeroplane with its lights going so people could see us moving the aeroplane.

On the plus side of all this, when we were making sure that A321 was safely parked after it had been towed (translation: I go and sneak over to an adjacent remote stand and furtively pinch some chocks and cones off some other aeroplanes lol), there was a brand spanking new Boeing 737 Max in Spice Jet livery which I had to walk past a couple of times, it was literally on its first ferry flight from the Boeing Seattle factory to its new owners and it was only stopping off at Manchester to be refueled. It's not often you get to see a jet which is literally brand new, it was very nice and shiny indeed.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Alistair Logie said:

Did it have that "new plane" smell?

I'll have to assume so, but I never went in it, just walked around the outside of it, so all I could smell was jet fuel lol

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here