Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Strange night airport ground textures Fsdreamteam

Does anyone know how to fix the strange airport ground textures at night at FSDT airports and a few fly Tampa (mdw)?  I am not sure if it is a v4 compatibly issue but I can only describe it as a ripple like zebra like black and white shimmer.  I have this at FSDT IAH, MEM, DFW, YVR and LAS.  I am not sure if I have it in CLT, JFK or LAX.  Does anyone else have this and is there a way to fix?   I also have this at fly Tampa midway.  I run pta and have relatively normal sliders.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Does the ground look like this?Dq28HlmVYAAuJTZ.jpg:large

I don't think you can fix this. I never had this P3D v3 but for me it only happens with FSDT KLAX

It also can happen if you have PTA or TomatoShade i believe.

PTA tries to replicate the ripples (depending on the preset) since runways have ripples but can look kinda annoying.

Only way is to disable PTA. But I like it honestly. It makes it look like light is actually being rendered realistically.

I don't use PTA so I can't really tell you what you need to disable.

In default KRNO, I can see the beacon light of the FSL A320 reflecting tiles on the runway. Some runways are made with some tiles and looks like a kitchen floor.

But, it's realistic so I don't think it shouldn't be there. However, it might make your aircraft sink through the ground.

If that happens, go to: “C:\Users\<YOU>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders"

and delete that folder.

Edited by Aaron Kim

Yes, this is exactly what I am referring to.  I stopped using PTA (not because of this) and started using Tomato Shade so i'll see if the problem still exists. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

14 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Yes, this is exactly what I am referring to.  I stopped using PTA (not because of this) and started using Tomato Shade so i'll see if the problem still exists. 

I believe it still will, as that screenshot was from me using TomatoShade at FSDT KLAX. 

I think it only happens at FSDT airports but also I was doing a test flight of the Aerosoft CRJ and flew out of the default airport and also saw this.

Edited by Aaron Kim

Do you think this would be fixed in 4.4 with the new PBR?  This happens to me at all FSDT airports at night.  Do you think there is a Tomatoshade setting that I can turn off in the profile that I am using that would eliminate this?

Umberto chimed in on this a while back but if you play around with your AA settings you can make it go away. It is meant to be there I believe but the texture used can't account for all the different types of AA in combination with resolution that people use.

I noticed it at KCLT and changed to 8xSSAA and the effect went away (much better look) however this has performance implications of course.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

I tried tonight changing the AA settings gs to all of them and it didn’t seem to make a difference.  

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

I tried tonight changing the AA settings gs to all of them and it didn’t seem to make a difference.  

You could just live with it, it isn't going to kill you.  

I think it's the way FSDT airports just work.

EDIT:

With tweaking, I got the ripples to go away. (8xSSAA)DuRWOchV4AAf0yA.jpg

DuRWOcHUUAAk8Si.jpg

*Keep in mind it uses 4100 MB of memory with the Wilco/Feelthere EMB.

Edited by arwasairl