Zimmerbz

Strange night airport ground textures Fsdreamteam

Does anyone know how to fix the strange airport ground textures at night at FSDT airports and a few fly Tampa (mdw)?  I am not sure if it is a v4 compatibly issue but I can only describe it as a ripple like zebra like black and white shimmer.  I have this at FSDT IAH, MEM, DFW, YVR and LAS.  I am not sure if I have it in CLT, JFK or LAX.  Does anyone else have this and is there a way to fix?   I also have this at fly Tampa midway.  I run pta and have relatively normal sliders.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does the ground look like this?Dq28HlmVYAAuJTZ.jpg:large

I don't think you can fix this. I never had this P3D v3 but for me it only happens with FSDT KLAX

It also can happen if you have PTA or TomatoShade i believe.

PTA tries to replicate the ripples (depending on the preset) since runways have ripples but can look kinda annoying.

Only way is to disable PTA. But I like it honestly. It makes it look like light is actually being rendered realistically.

I don't use PTA so I can't really tell you what you need to disable.

In default KRNO, I can see the beacon light of the FSL A320 reflecting tiles on the runway. Some runways are made with some tiles and looks like a kitchen floor.

But, it's realistic so I don't think it shouldn't be there. However, it might make your aircraft sink through the ground.

If that happens, go to: “C:\Users\<YOU>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders"

and delete that folder.

Edited by Aaron Kim

Yes, this is exactly what I am referring to.  I stopped using PTA (not because of this) and started using Tomato Shade so i'll see if the problem still exists. 

14 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Yes, this is exactly what I am referring to.  I stopped using PTA (not because of this) and started using Tomato Shade so i'll see if the problem still exists. 

I believe it still will, as that screenshot was from me using TomatoShade at FSDT KLAX. 

I think it only happens at FSDT airports but also I was doing a test flight of the Aerosoft CRJ and flew out of the default airport and also saw this.

Edited by Aaron Kim