Sign in to follow this  
Rolfspan

Planes not following flight plans anymore

Hi Alex,

After a Summer hiatus I am back to flying. There is one major frustration I am encountering and one that is likely of my making. When developing a flight plan from Little Navmap and entering on P3Dv4 it shows up on the planes FMS  and LNM yet the plane does not follow the FMS nor LNM. I do not have Navigraph and I am wondering if this might affect this anomaly. LNM worked great before Summer. I suspect that it is something I missed but after searching the forum, I could not find a solution. 

I look forward to any assistance that might get me back on the right track. 

Rolf

Edited by Rolfspan
Missing word Planes

Hi Rolf,

I don't think this anything to do with Navigraph. LNM comes with a cycle 1801 included.

What aircraft is that? Did you configure the autopilot (LNM doesn't have one and will not steer the aircraft) in the aircraft correctly?

Alex

Hi Alex, 

The plane that gives me the most problems all of a sudden is the EMB505 Phenom 300. I never had problems with the auto pilot before and use the same configuration. The Majestic Q 400 picks up the LMN flightplan much better although when on approach it does its own thing. What I do on approaches I add waypoints to get me to the best runway in accordance with weather. Thi worked well in the past but It seems  not to want to accept my waypoints. I noted that under Scenery Library, LMN shows Navigraph AIRAC Cycle 1801 and then gives 3 options. 

Since I do not have Navigraph, should I tick "Do not use Navigraph Database".

Thank you so much for your help.

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

3 hours ago, Rolfspan said:

Since I do not have Navigraph, should I tick "Do not use Navigraph Database". 

Try that. But it depends what navdatabase cycle is installed in the aircraft/FMC. Most complex aircraft come with their own navdata cycle.

If none of the aircraft has updated navdata it can result in issues like route disconnects in the FMC that keep the autopilot from flying the route. Best way is to update everything to one cycle.

Alex

Alex, I updated the EMB 505  Phenom 300 by purchasing the NAVIGRAPH EMB505 PHENOM 300 EXTENSION PACK FSX/P3D. I installed it. The problem I have is where to export the LNM generated flightplan. This being a Garmin product I tried the Garmin categories and while they show up under the Carenado I cant get them to show up in the P3D v4 Flight Planner in the browse section. PLN works fine. I suppose there is another question that I should be asking. Maybe this loads differently then the PLN files. The Majestic Q400 goes directly into the FMS by accepting and opening FPL . Any ideas would be welcome. 

Thanks,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

sorry, I cannot help you with that. I don't own this aircraft and have no idea what flight plan formats are supported there.

I'd suggest you ask in their support forum or check the manual.

Best regards,

Alex

Alex,

Thanks, I will do that. I Tried my Real Air Duke and Lancair. They also do not follow LMN PLN but follow their own in the FMS . Curiously the Majestic Q400 works fine. This is so strange since this flightplan  problem was not the case since I became a devotee of LMN. I suspect that I have some strange setting that needs correction. I will just keep working on it. 

Rolf

Alex,  I followed your IFR tutorial from EHHJ to EGPC in accordance with your instructions, The flight at low altitude (FL100) showed up in on the LNM map after having saved on the plan (PLN). It showed up nicely on your map yet once in the air I found that on the FMS the flight plan went directly to POL, ignoring all the waypoints on your map. Once at POL, EMB 300 followed the FMS flight plan until it was time to deviate on the approach. Then I had to take over and follow the approach on the LNM map and landed the plane on the designated runway. I had a flight with the Majestic Q400 and it followed the LMN and FMS points to the approach. It seems that LMN will not accept approaches.  

This makes me wonder what would happen if I tick on File/save waypoints for approaches and save approaches for SID & Star. I do want to congratulate you on the excellent documentation you offer such as the Tutorial. Simply amazing support.

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

the flight plan you get might be slightly different from the one in the tutorial. This depends mostly on AIRAC cycles.

It looks like the EMB 300 cannot load the procedures. Well, from PLN files not anyway since these files do not support this.

You have two options for this:

1. Best option: Select the procedures in the FMC and the aircraft should follow them.
  2. Use the "Save Waypoints for Approaches" and/or "Save Waypoints for SID and STAR". See here in the manual about these two and about the drawbacks.

Alex

Hi Alex,

My problems with flight plans appear to have been resolved. I bought a terabyte SSD drive and placed everything P3D V4.4 on that drive now called GDrive (478GB). Little navmap remains on my other SSD F drive. As mentioned before I also updated P3D v4.3 to v4.4. All this to say that so far all planes follow Little Nav Maps flight plans. What a joy. There were suggestions that P3D v4. should be placed outside of the C Drive when help was offered and that appears to have helped. Perhaps the 4.4 update helped as well. In an case I am thankful to all those that assisted with this problem.

Regards, Rolf

Hi Rolf,

glad it is working now. Some of the P3D v4 releases had problems with flight plans which were loaded without waypoints and other stuff. The update probably fixed this.

Enjoy your flying:smile:

Alex