Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

PTA and Tomato Shade

4 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I tend to agree! I've left the reflections functions of TS well alone (I didn't like the way it messed with the .mdl files anyway).

That said, TS in "regular" mode does everything [else] that PTA does, with a few extras.

I would *absolutely NOT* recommend importing an existing PTA profile though. Some tweak names have changed names and you may be missing key entries.

I was able to keep both apps open simultaneously (but only applying TS) and manually checking/copying values from PTA to TS. The beauty of PTA is that you have those preview shots that help you remember which tweak does what. No such help in TS, so I wonder how non-PTA users get on. If you're already familiar with PTA, it won't take you that long.

It's not altogether clear whether Matt will continue to support PTA (it's gone dormant), but at least it looks like TS is being actively worked on, so I'm hedging my bets in case I'm forced to swap horses!

Adam.

Thanks for your response, Adam! This Copy-Compare-Paste thing should be something doable in the future I suppose, and just as I imagined it would be too good to be true to just import my preset and "press Apply" (especially considering that I have one or another post-processing tweaks as well).

Unfortunately PTA after it became payware seems to have received far less attention then when it was freeware (which I have contributed to).

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

If you feel like giving TS a try, then you could give my TS preset (25_01) a whirl. I tried to make it mimic my last PTA preset (262_01): https://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA

That way you can compare the two - and revert to your current PTA favourite if you like. Don't forget to make a copy of your current PTA-specific Shaders_HLSL folder before you start!

Here are a couple of TS shots (that don't look too different to my PTA ones). Neither of them use the aircraft reflections functions:

tomato-dornier-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

tomato-l39-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

hi adam..i'm using your preset for tomato shade,but not compatible with dynamic reflection, after apply and set dynamic reflection to pmdg 737, come with white texture, how to fix it..thanks a lot

Edited by ahmadjie80

I think I mention in the accompanying "readme" that I don't use dynamic reflections for aircraft in TS as I find them too buggy - and they destroy any environment reflections that I already have set in certain models.

The problem is that  enabling dynamic reflections in TS applies to *all aircraft* globally. Not a good behaviour, IMHO.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

hmm..okay if that not set to your preset, i don't have any problem on my v4 setting with (DL) and my laptop too, all good for me, but, if there is update come from your preset and support DL i will happy for that, thanks a lot adam, i always using your preset, since PTA and now TS

Do you know where to find Tomato profile for VC of 747-400F (just BCF available in the tomato profiles folder), or how to create one ? I had one from the default folder of tomato, the 748 (VC) Profile, which makes the VC look better.

Thanks

Edited by hkhoanguyen