Sign in to follow this  
LRW

TWA Flight Crew Requirements and Benefits - 1970

I wrote to TWA in 1970 while in high school, asking about the requirements to become a pilot for them.  This is what I received.  I thought some might find it historically interesting.

Bo4Kf7y.jpg

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

Just now, LRW said:

I wrote to TWA in 1970 while in high school, asking about the requirements to become a pilot for them.  This is what I received.  I thought some might find it historically interesting.

Bo4Kf7y.jpg

I interviewed with USAirways back in 1993 with interest in becoming a flight attendant, since I enjoyed travel so much.  They had fairly strict vision requirements and since I am partially blind in my left eye, I could not pass them.  The interview was interesting since we had to stand up in front of the other candidates and explain why we wanted to become flight attendants, and males were fairly new back then to the craft.  I did become a road warrior later that year as a business systems instructor for the hospitality industry, so my dream of travel came true for the next seven years.  So much so that flight attendants on Southwest, which my employer frequently used because of their inexpensive airfares, would recognize me.  United Flight Attendants would also recognize me and on both airlines I received kind and special service from the female flight attendants.  And wouldn't you know it, my girlfriend and later wife worked for an airline, and my Mom had predicted due to my travel I would marry someone from an airline.  Female shuttle drivers also flirted with me, like one in New Mexico who sadly was driving to Las Cruces whereas I was going on another shuttle to Alamogordo.  She wanted to go out on a date with me and was egged on by her boss in El Paso.  Ahhh, the joys of flying and meeting flight crew and airline employees, a daughter I had with my wife proved one cannot go wrong, and she is now 19.

John