Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Do you intend to stay on P3Dv4.3 for a while?

Hi fellow simmers,

After an absence I moved from FSX to P3Dv4.3

I'm lucky to make my come back on version 4.3 that I'm quite happy with.

After installing and setting a few essentials addons I enjoy... flying the sim without tweaking, etc., well you know...

The sim is 64 bit, runs smooth on my PC.

So I don't have more expectations regarding the sim itself.

I want to enjoy 4.3 quite a while even if a new version is released. I fear indeed to have to make an update (even if it should not be difficult I believe?). I also fear addons not being compatible and so on...

How about you? If you have 4.3 are you happy with it and do you intend to stick with it for a while?

- TONY -

I will.  My only quibble is with the recording of flights, which does not work well, unlike Xplane11.  When I have a good flight I like to save it and replay it from different angles and viewpoints.  FSRecorder used to do that but it does not work with P3DV4.  I believe there is another tool out there that can but I do not remember what it is called or know whether it would work like FSRecorder did.

Other than that, P3DV4.3 and Xplane 11.26(I do not like the 11.30 beta) are my sims of choice, and I am quite happy with them, they meet and exceed my expectations with a little help from our friends, the add=on developers who are artists superb!

John

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback John.

OldProp will work on a replay feature for Chase Plane.

I'lll try XP 11 stable when I get a new SSD next year.

- TONY -

I'm Happy with it, I don't really see a need to upgrade to the next version unless it has something extremely good to offer.

As mentioned above, The replay feature really is a downer though, but in the grand scheme of things, really isn't a big deal!

• Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I'll upgrade as soon as the next version comes. I tend not to over think these things and keep copies of older updates just in case.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

Impossible to say until I know what the next version will bring. Seems a bit odd to say you'll stay with 4.3 right now already without knowing anything about what's to come... Very odd. 

I always update new versions immediately, even though I have a ton of add-ons. I can always enjoy flying default planes to default airports using weather themes for a little while.

The main reason I do this is to give the new version a very complete and aggressive stability/performance test before add-ons are introduced. I usually fly about 18 hours a day for 2-3 weeks during this time. 

Another important reason (to me) is, to support and show gratitude for Lockheed Martin and their work. Without LM I would have to go with XP, and XP is still not ready for "prime time" as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

I am still using v3.4 for my flying. I finally purchased and installed v4.3 last week, but at the moment I am only using it for beta testing purposes.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, pracines said:

I usually fly about 18 hours a day for 2-3 weeks during this time. 

😮 Are you serious or did you make a typo...?

Skipping P3Dv4 for now, awaiting v5 with a new computer build next year with a "Super Intel i11 processor and Nvidia 3018".  😆

6 minutes ago, J van E said:

😮 Are you serious or did you make a typo...?

Totally serious, no typo. I fly much more often than most, and sleep is often optional. 👨‍✈️

18 hours a day....My goodness!!!!

Edited by flyinpilot212121
  • Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

6 minutes ago, pracines said:

Totally serious, no typo. I fly much more often than most, and sleep is often optional. 👨‍✈️

No offense, just wondering. Do you have a job or family?

Vic green

37 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

No offense, just wondering. Do you have a job or family? 

I'm not being allowed to answer you, but suffice it to say yes/no does not apply to me.

Thank you all for your feedback.

11 hours ago, J van E said:

Seems a bit odd to say you'll stay with 4.3 right now already without knowing anything about what's to come... Very odd. 

Because I'm happy with the current version and don't want to go into the hassle of updating manually. Plus the risk of addons not being compatible, etc.

- TONY -