Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Do you intend to stay on P3Dv4.3 for a while?

1 hour ago, Simicro said:

Thank you all for your feedback.

Because I'm happy with the current version and don't want to go into the hassle of updating manually. Plus the risk of addons not being compatible, etc.

But what if the next version offers something you'd really like? ;)

Sure I get your point Jeroen 🙂

On the other hand, I must confess that as I'm getting older:

1) Oldies but goodies 😉

2) Less is more 😉

- TONY -

I'm hoping that LM has decided to at least fix some issues with v4 before moving on to v5. Heck, some devs have not been able to put out updates to make their airports compatible with v4. There no rush, but LM is in business to make $$$ so we could see info on v5 by the end of the year. I hope NOT!

For me, 4.3 is so far their best version with regards to performance with DL enabled. The loading of scenery was also improved in 4.3, but there's always room for improvement. As soon as an update is available, I always like to check to see if the issues we complained about were addressed by LM.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Staying with 4.3 and X-plane 11 for the long-haul (pun definitely intended).

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I'm so disappointed with XP 11, it makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about the money and time that I wasted on that platform.

I'm happy for any simmer that has found value and enjoyment with XP. I have not been so fortunate.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

After the money I have spent this year upgrading to P3DV4 it will probably be the last sim I buy. Being retired discretionary cash is becoming rare.

Vic green

Quite content with 4.3 for the most part...not perfect of course, but certainly it serves up the most 'complete' flight sim experience. However I'll be moving along to 4.4 when it comes...and other versions that follow.     

• Like 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Was happy with the end of OM with 64bits version... but invest of time and money was heavy to have most addons back in p3dv4.

So, except a real big progress in future version, I want stay a moment on this stable version. Mine computer seam in v4 on the border of possibilities. 

Repons is wait and see.

• Like 1

Thanks once again all for sharing your thoughts.

Happy/relieved to see I am not alone.

- TONY -

When V4.4 of V5 comes out within a few days 90%+ of us will have it ASAP ... 😎

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Always update. Not an issue with me as I want to make sure I have the latest version and that goes for most apps/software.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I recently decided to introduce X-Plane 11 into my life to complement P3D. I’ll certainly be staying with P3D going forward but I’d say my simming time has been split 50/50 since buying X-Plane 11.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I always update and then roll it back if some problem crops up after release.  I'm happy with the performance of 4.3 for the most part, and things will only get better over time.  Each version brings new opportunities to simming, so it's always worth upgrading when the opportunity presents itself. 

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

When V4.4 of V5 comes out within a few days 90%+ of us will have it ASAP ... 😎

Yup, and depending upon time zones and release times, maybe even the day before! I have no sense of loyalty whatsoever and always have my hand on the "switch" switch, so to speak. Bring on P3D v4.4 or P3D v5.0 sooner rather than later.

The only caveat for reluctance for change that I can think of concerning any release of a substantially new P3D v5 would be whether or not ORBX would still be usable under license without having to pay extra fees.

Kindest regards,

Stephen

I find myself, more and more, flying XPlane 11. I have spent Thousands of dollars like others, on FSX and P3D add ons. Some have been worth the money, some have not, and I am talking scenery , aircraft or utilities. But until I saw Xplane 11 with default scenery and some free add ons like Misterx airports and some payware aircraft, have I been more satisfied with the looks  and performance of my sim. Being a mostly vfr flyer, both Ga or military, Xplane delivers a more realistic experience for me. 

I will give the new P3D a trial run because of my loyalty for a number of years to this platform, but unless the newer sim comes a lot closer to what I consider essential for me,  the more realistic scenery, performance etc.I will stick with Xplane as my sim. I have stopped buying add ons for P3D  and now only consider Xplane 11. Skip Ciman

• Like 2