Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Milviz PA-30 Twin Comanche

6 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Well it had an autopilot when I was testing it lol

Guess they took it out

It was but was cancelled in the final stage.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, YoYo said:

It was but was cancelled in the final stage.

I have two prized Milviz twins in the B55 Baron and C310 Redux, but I also have a slew of other great twins, including for example the RA Turbine Duke V2.  Sorry, not spending for another at this point, especially one that is incomplete.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

So, after much discussion, we're going to do a second panel that will have the KAP140, a proper DG and HSI that will allow for the usage of the AP for those who just can't LIVE without an AP...  (what a crazy world... we're supposed to be flight simmers... not autopilot simmers...)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

17 hours ago, DJJose said:

and in its original configuration.
In order to be true to this era, our version does not include an autopilot.

So what’s that GPS doing there then...?

13 minutes ago, Milviz said:

So, after much discussion, we're going to do a second panel that will have the KAP140, a proper DG and HSI that will allow for the usage of the AP for those who just can't LIVE without an AP...  (what a crazy world... we're supposed to be flight simmers... not autopilot simmers...)

Awesome news.  Will purchase now for sure.  With a newborn and a 3 year old sometimes I need a little bit of help.  Thanks!

Matt Wilson

43 minutes ago, Milviz said:

That's good news.  Love the old panel too, but there are times the AP is nice to have.

Really like the plane otherwise.  I've flown the real one a long long time ago and this one really brings back memories.

steve

40 minutes ago, Milviz said:

So, after much discussion, we're going to do a second panel that will have the KAP140, a proper DG and HSI that will allow for the usage of the AP for those who just can't LIVE without an AP... 

If it supports additional sales it's probably a good idea. Although I haven't had a chance to purchase yet I, for one, am definitely looking forward to the existing panel without autopilot and the added challenge of the old style DG. In fact I will probably fly without the GPS as well.

Guess simmers are definitely a finicky lot. In which case I definitely qualify. 😉

• Like 1

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

(what a crazy world... we're supposed to be flight simmers... not autopilot simmers...)

What an odd remark for a developer to post here. It's almost like calling your customers crazy. BTW Even your older Beavers have AP so why are AP's to be frowned upon suddenly? Specially since you do add GPS's (as I noted above already)? Odd post.

18 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Followed..Its really a simple plane, can't figure out why they don't start. Fuel level at max, magnetos on, electric fuel pumps on, fuel selectors on Mains, Prop Max, Mixture Max, Throttle 1/2. Starter activate, the prop spins for 2 seconds and stops again..

I don't have the Milviz version but do have the twin comanche for XP-11 and I believe the 1/2 is 1/2" at least it is for XP..

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Due to popular demand we will be adding an option to have a second panel with the KAP140 autopilot.

Please contact me [kat at milviz dot com] for registration information.
If you require access to a support forum please provide proof of purchase plus your preferred forum user name.

21 minutes ago, Katoun said:

Due to popular demand we will be adding an option to have a second panel with the KAP140 autopilot.

Two panel options have been part of the character of Milviz.  Thanks!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Folks,

As a RW pilot who finds it relatively easy to maintain altitude in real aircraft - unfortunately - it's not as easy in our flight simulators - a moments inattention - and you're off on large unintentional altitude excursions... I  couldn't imagine making a three hour flight in flight simulator without altitude hold... I welcome the two options and I would think MilViz would gain many more sales from the option...

Any comments on the quality of the FDE would be appreciated - as it's the most important aspect that we can't glean from pictures...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The default AP keyboard commands work.   Press Z to turn it on, then Ctrl-H for heading hold, walk away from your computer if you have to.

Scott, it's not like the B55  😉

43 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

As a RW pilot who finds it relatively easy to maintain altitude in real aircraft - unfortunately - it's not as easy in our flight simulators - a moments inattention - and you're off on large unintentional altitude excursions... I  couldn't imagine making a three hour flight in flight simulator without altitude hold... I welcome the two options and I would think MilViz would gain many more sales from the option...

Absolutely. Takes literally a second to trim a real aeroplane, In most flight sims it's a ridiculously convoluted process.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here