Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Milviz PA-30 Twin Comanche

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I'm also a bit confused about the tip tank option as the manual states you cannot put fuel in them so I guess it is just a visual modification. 

In the real aircraft, the tip tanks fuel capacity is piped to the existing auxiliary bladder tanks. The logic to add 15 x 2 gallons to the aircraft's fuel system is automatic. IRL, fuel is added to the fueling ports on the tip tanks filling the aux tanks first, then filling the tip tanks, so our solution is authentic.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, mpw8679 said:

That is depressing 

Why? The only duplicated interior sounds are a few switch clicks. The aircraft's ..\sound folder is entirely new, custom sounds from a PA30 and an IO 320 engine.

Fr. Bill    

16 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Why? The only duplicated interior sounds are a few switch clicks. The aircraft's ..\sound folder is entirely new, custom sounds from a PA30 and an IO 320 engine.

I retract my statement.  Thank u for the clarification.

Matt Wilson

27 minutes ago, n4gix said:

In the real aircraft, the tip tanks fuel capacity is piped to the existing auxiliary bladder tanks. The logic to add 15 x 2 gallons to the aircraft's fuel system is automatic. IRL, fuel is added to the fueling ports on the tip tanks filling the aux tanks first, then filling the tip tanks, so our solution is authentic.

Got it, the manual just wasn't totally clear as it states:

"Wing tip tanks are available as optional equipment, but do not carry additional fuel in the MilViz PA-30. "  

7 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I retract my statement.  Thank u for the clarification.

Sorry, I should have been more clear...it is the switches, especially the noise on the Master when you turn it on.  No big deal, I fly the 310r a good bit so it was just a bit strange hearing the same exact noises when getting ready for startup.  The engine sounds are authentic and very good!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I purchased the Milviz Twin Comanche and I have not been disappointed.I am using the GTN 750 option and have enjoyed several x-country flights so far (using the keyboard autopilot commands).

I purchased this aircraft knowing the overall quality of other Milviz addons I currently enjoy + having received my multi-engine rating decades ago in a Twin Comanche. I may not have the opportunity to fly the real "Twinkie", but this sim addon allows me to do so. Will be looking forward to the "panel option".

Raymie

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear...it is the switches, especially the noise on the Master when you turn it on.  No big deal, I fly the 310r a good bit so it was just a bit strange hearing the same exact noises when getting ready for startup.  The engine sounds are authentic and very good!

Ah, I see. Well, a gyro is a gyro, so it's not too surprising they sound similar! :smile:

Fr. Bill    

21 hours ago, raymie said:

I purchased the Milviz Twin Comanche and I have not been disappointed.I am using the GTN 750 option and have enjoyed several x-country flights so far (using the keyboard autopilot commands).

I purchased this aircraft knowing the overall quality of other Milviz addons I currently enjoy + having received my multi-engine rating decades ago in a Twin Comanche. I may not have the opportunity to fly the real "Twinkie", but this sim addon allows me to do so. Will be looking forward to the "panel option".

Raymie

AP update now available.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

AP update now available.

So glad they reconsidered adding the AP as an option...this is a great aircraft to fly!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

AP update now available.

Awesome news. Thank u

Matt Wilson

It's a pretty good aircraft alright. I am having a slight problem with the Navstax radios. If you make this selection on the MIVAMS utility, the radios appear on the dash, but the on/off switches do not seem to work using the mouse. Anyone else having this problem?

I also wanted to suggest, if you have  ORBX OpenLC North America, take your PA30 to KLHV, the Piper Memorial Airport. It is an ORBX freeware airport, and it's pretty nice flying your Twin Comanche into the airport where it took its first test flight.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

9 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

It's a pretty good aircraft alright. I am having a slight problem with the Navstax radios. If you make this selection on the MIVAMS utility, the radios appear on the dash, but the on/off switches do not seem to work using the mouse. Anyone else having this problem?

I also wanted to suggest, if you have  ORBX OpenLC North America, take your PA30 to KLHV, the Piper Memorial Airport. It is an ORBX freeware airport, and it's pretty nice flying your Twin Comanche into the airport where it took its first test flight.

I flew a few flights with Naxstax without any issues.  I think I used the mouse scroll wheel on the NAV/COM's to turn them on?  I have the GTN 750 in there at the moment.

Eric

On 11/4/2018 at 12:41 PM, Flic1 said:

I flew a few flights with Naxstax without any issues.  I think I used the mouse scroll wheel on the NAV/COM's to turn them on?  I have the GTN 750 in there at the moment.

After trying several things to get this to work, I finally discovered that you need to purchase the Navstax radios and install them to the Twin Comanche to get the radios to work. Cost another £20, but they look and work beautifully!

Edited by AviatorMan
  • Like 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

14 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

I finally discovered that you need to purchase the Navstax radios and install them to the Twin Comanche to get the radios to work. Cost another £20

That means that maybe it was not crystal clear right from the beginning.

- TONY -

44 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

After trying several things to get this to work, I finally discovered that you need to purchase the Navstax radios and install them to the Twin Comanche to get the radios to work. Cost another £20, but they look and work beautifully!

I would not have thought they would even show up without owning them😄

Eric

Hi Folks,

Never heard of Navstax - what's the deal/benefit with them ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7