Sign in to follow this  
Sungyoon

Shadow Disappearing in Wing view with DX10

Hello,

Today, I purchased the Steve's DX10 Fixer. And I happy with it because I got my troubles fixed!

Typically, I got my shadows in fuselage. But I got one problem in my FSX after I purchased DX10 fixer.

I CAN see the shadows in the fuselage and wings, etc. from 'Outside View' (through F11 Key). However, When I change my view to the 'Wing view', the shadow in my wing just DISAPPEARED!

I think it's related to the distance with the view point and the shadow.

or is there any problems with my DX10 Fixer Settings?

I'll tell you few of my DX10 Fixer settings below.

----- My DX10 Fixer Settings -----

In Shadow Options...

Toned Shadows: CHECKED

Reduce Falloff with Angle: CHECKED

Force VC Walls: CHECKED

EZDOK Compabililty: UNCHECKED

NGX Tuning: CHECKED

Hide Shadows in Rain: UNCHECKED

Enable Shadow Boost: CHECKED

Reduce Fade in Poor Visibility: CHECKED

HD Shadows: CHECKED

TrackIR Compatibility: UNCHECKED

Dont Shade MFDs: UNCHECKED

Disable Volume Shadows: UNCHECKED

Shadow Boost: 20%/50%

Contrast: 10%/50%

HD All Aircraft

Shadow Bias 1.0

Volume Shadow Bias None

------------------------------------------

This is my settings in DX10 Fixer Shadow Options.

Is there any problems with it?

Actually, I got my shadows from wing views before I install the DX10 fixer today.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

-Lee

Edited by Sungyoon

Well... I got my Shadows back when I 'UNCHECK' the HD Shadows. 

But without the HD Shadows, Now my shadows are blurry!

I read that someone solved this problem by unchecking the 'Adaptive HD Zoom(?)' in the 'Debug' dialog.

But I can't find the Debug dialog in my fixer.(Version is 3.5)

How can I get sharp shadows(which I can also see in the wing view spot) with the DX10 Fixer?

AVSIM hosts the official DX10 Fixer Forum at the following link - https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/644-the-official-dx10-scenery-fixer-support-forum/.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The manual explains that selecting HD shadows will necessarily cause issues with cameras closer than the spot camera such as wing cameras.  There is no fix for this you have to choose how much you prefer sharp shadows over wing and undercarriage cameras.

1 hour ago, SteveFx said:

The manual explains that selecting HD shadows will necessarily cause issues with cameras closer than the spot camera such as wing cameras.  There is no fix for this you have to choose how much you prefer sharp shadows over wing and undercarriage cameras.

Actually, In diagnose dialog, I read the same sentence you said. So, It means that I should choose btw two things! Thank you for replying!

Yes I wish that I could distinguish between a camera inside the VC and a camera on the wing and apply different logic but I cannot.