Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

CS 757 or PMDG 777???

Hello everyone!

I recently was going to purchase the PMDG 777 since I had it in fsx but then I came across the CS 757 and wondered should I get that instead? I can afford either, but am wondering whether to go back to the 777 or over to the 757. I currently have the PMDG 747 QW 787 PMDG 737 and AS Airbus PRO bundle.  Another thing to think about is preformanxe it is a key detail as well

thanks in advance!!

Simon S.

Edited by pilot10112
Forgot to add something

You'd be better with the 777 in terms of performance and reliability of the model. If you don't mind a less accurate simulation and still great 3D modelling and textures, then the 757 would be an option.

It also depends on the routes you want to fly maybe. The 777 is a long hauler and the 757 although it has a great range, usually flies shorter routes.

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hi Simon!

If you are used flying airliners with the PMDG level of systems replication and reliability, I suspect that you might find a CS airliner a little frustrating in comparison. Although I admit I don’t have their 757 (I use the QW version), I have quite a few of their other aircraft including the 707, 727, 737, 767, 777 and L1011 and although some (notably the 737 and L1011) are better than others they can all tend to be a little bit buggy in terms of systems although they are great visually. I know it is wrong to generalise however so perhaps someone familiar with the CS 757 could provide some feedback on that specific product for you.

The PMDG 777, as you would expect, has superb systems replication and although you have not mentioned what simulator platform you are using, it performs well on FSX (which I use) and, although it’s VAS footprint is heavy,  it is less than that of the QW787.

Bill

Though we all collect and fly aircraft fossils, the Boeing 757 is the latest dinosaur: Does that help?  

BTW, I have the PMDG 777-200 and 300.  A really good choice...

I think the 777 is more stable, but the 757 performs well.  Think of the 777 as 5 stars and the 757 4 stars.  I like the cabin modeling and sounds in the 757, and it's also pretty light on the system, and for what I paid, it's worth what I get.  However, the 777 is the queen of my fleet at the moment, and will continue to be until perhaps some of the next-gen aircraft roll out in the future.  Beautiful bird.

John

If you were asking CS 777 or PMDG 777, I wouldn't hesitate to say to get the PMDG, (although it has been a long time since I tried the CS 777, it may be good now1) but having a good 757 is vital and the CS 757 is my preference over the QW (I have them both).

You will miss having the PMDG 777 if you buy only the CS 757 and vise-versa.

One is not a replacement for the other.

Ok thanks everyone! I think I have to go with the 777 I am still debating getting the expansion but the base is more than enough. Thank you for all you help!!!

Simon S.

• Upvote 1

I'd be inclined to say go for the Cripple Seven, it's been out for a long time and is solid and reliable. CS 757 is certainly a shiny new thing, but in terms of solid and tested development there's no comparison; you don't see many threads on here saying that the PMDG Cripple Seven won't do this or that properly since the latest update release, but you certainly do see that with the new CS 757 and I daresay you will continue to see that for at least a while until they get all their ducks in a row, and how long that might take is anyone's guess.

Not only that, you'll be heading down a road with the CS 757, a road where they start charging more for this block version and that block version and this freight option and that expansion etc, which might be a consideration if you say you can afford either of the two. Historically, Captain Sim have sometimes been a bit like Carenado in this respect; too concerned with banging out the latest product rather than making sure the ones they've already released and sold to people are problem-free. Conversely, you know exactly what you're getting with the PMDG bird in terms of what is available and what it will cost to get it, and as noted, when it comes to having something which works as you want it to, you can say what you like about PMDG, but if there's a problem with their product, they always get onto fixing it pronto and in the interim, they also communicate about the fact that they're doing that too.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hey everyone! 

Simon again I decided to go with the T7 and am very pleased(as expected). Just thought I should let you all know. Thanks for all the help!!!

Simon S.

• Like 1