Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

Aerosoft Bali - WADD for P3D V4.X?

Hi 

Someone here suggested that the Aerosoft Bali was a good Asian airport but my investigations show it was only intended for up to P3D V3.

Have many of you got this installed in P3D V4.X as it is totally unsupported by Aerosoft.  I would like to add it but just wanted to find out your experience with the install and any potential issues.

Thanks.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

5 minutes ago, barramundilure said:

Hi 

Someone here suggested that the Aerosoft Bali was a good Asian airport but my investigations show it was only intended for up to P3D V3.

Have many of you got this installed in P3D V4.X as it is totally unsupported by Aerosoft.  I would like to add it but just wanted to find out your experience with the install and any potential issues.

Thanks.

Works perfectly on my v4.3. Just point installer to P3d v4 folder, then add scenery manually.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Works perfectly on my v4.3. Just point installer to P3d v4 folder, then add scenery manually.

Thanks for the advice, cheers.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Also working perfectly here. This scenery is fantastic — literally maybe the best performing airport I have seen in P3D, and it’s gorgeous.

• Like 1

I only fly in and out during daytime and (I think) its really beautiful.

Edited by A340Bangla

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

8 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Not perfect, at night too dark.

Is is like that in the previous sims as well? 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

It runs perfectly fine in v4.3. Just with Aerosoft sceneries there is always a certain amount of risk included. For other scenery makers you know that the scenery is updated for a certain amount of time to work with the newest simulator. Take FlyTampa KaiTak for example... it is 10 years old but got updates several times.

With Aerosoft you have the risk, that with P3D v4.4 something will not work anymore and then that's it.. Just something you have to consider.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

14 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Is is like that in the previous sims as well? 

I have not used it in other sims and only have p3d4 from fsx some time ago. The night textures on the terminals are not bright, and not being updated for p3d 4 no dynamic lights. Is it easy to add dynamic lights into an afcad using ADE? Never tried that.

It's not super well lit, but is it IRL? Doesn't look bad, and it's so much better than default.

2018-10-29-17-22-39-215.jpg

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

19 hours ago, officercrockey said:

With Aerosoft you have the risk, that with P3D v4.4 something will not work anymore and then that's it.. Just something you have to consider.

Aerosoft is just the publisher of this scenery, IIRC it was done by the same developper as Helsinki. If they do not update, they do not update .... By the same token you could complain about Simmarket if a scenery they sold is not updated.

Edited by A340Bangla

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

2 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

Aerosoft is just the publisher of this scenery, IIRC it was done by the same developper as Helsinki. If they do not update, they do not update .... By the same token you could complain about Simmarket if a scenery they sold is not updated.

Not really. A publisher is something else than a seller. Orbx is also a publisher with many different developers. But they make sure that they own the files and they can update it if necessary. Many of those developers are not with orbx anymore but if an update is needed to make it work, they will make it work. For Aerosoft every scenery is a one time gig.

And yes, with this special developer you have to be even more cautious. As good as the sceneries are, there will not be updates. Helsiniki, Quito and now Bali. If they work, great. If they don't .... And it is something you have to think about when you want to spend 25€ on a scenery. You don't want it to be obsolete in a few weeks (given you always want to update to new versions)

3 hours ago, officercrockey said:

Not really. A publisher is something else than a seller. Orbx is also a publisher with many different developers. But they make sure that they own the files and they can update it if necessary. Many of those developers are not with orbx anymore but if an update is needed to make it work, they will make it work. For Aerosoft every scenery is a one time gig.

And yes, with this special developer you have to be even more cautious. As good as the sceneries are, there will not be updates. Helsiniki, Quito and now Bali. If they work, great. If they don't .... And it is something you have to think about when you want to spend 25€ on a scenery. You don't want it to be obsolete in a few weeks (given you always want to update to new versions)

Is that the best developer for an example? Orbx ignores needed updates for airports. sts has the old runway and you catch a ban if you ask if they can update it.

3 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Is that the best developer for an example? Orbx ignores needed updates for airports. sts has the old runway and you catch a ban if you ask if they can update it.

Fair enough. I guess we can agree at least on FlyTampa being the GoldStandard. But of course there is a difference between keeping something technically compatible and keeping it up to date with the real world. 

Actually all I wanted to say is that he should be careful buying it, that's all. I bought it as well, knowing very well that it probably will not receive any update in the future. I just hope that it will stay compatible itself. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Is it easy to add dynamic lights into an afcad using ADE? Never tried that.

You would need ModelConverterX to create the DL object, which can then be placed using ADE. 

I haven't tried it yet but i may have a go at it soon. From what i have seen at FS Developer forums, it doesnt seem to be too complicated.