Sign in to follow this  

I'm planning to add two more monitors and would like comments on - how will adding 2 addit monitors effect my frame rates. 

Win 10 64bit,  I7-4790, Asus Z97 mobo, 16G ram, GTX660 GPU, Samsung HD monitor.

I tried out a GTX1080I and not enough bang for the buck. Will upgrade GPU but would like to understand the multi-monitor effect on frames.

Not enough horsepower for 4k resolution, but probably would work for 1080p resolution.  Also, I've found that it's best to have all three monitors the same make and model or else you'll never get the colors to match precisely

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

When I went from one 1280 x 1024 monitor to three my FPS dropped by 20% and my GPU usage increased by 60%. My system is a long in the tooth 3770k at 4.5 ghz & 780GTX. Surprisingly my FPS recovered by 4% going from the triple monitor setup to 4k, but my GPU usage went up another 20% with the 4k monitor. This was with P3Dv3 and the results are averages as different aircraft and scenery produced different results. I have not run the exercise with P3Dv4.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I use three monitors in surround mode. I like it because I can see better, the view angle is wider and when you do visual or circle approaches it looks different then flying with single monitor. FPS are OK at day time, I may see some minor stuttering at add-on airports and I can use 8xSSAA. It is totally different story at night and this is where triple monitor set can give you a real headache. I fly PMDGs and if I use any lights with 8xSSAA it drops fps by a half or more. I have to use lower Graphic settings in P3D like 2xSSAA and it helps but again it depends on airport. At ORBX ESSA it is too high, I may need to use MSAA. So it depends. I am actually getting really tired of it so I am thinking to move to TV. So triple monitor set is very cool but it may give you a very nice headache. Good luck.  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”