Sign in to follow this  
jcpg

FSX problems starting, DX9, etc.

Hi guys,

I tried to supposedly open up all cores on my PC. It showed 1 core and when I clicked on 4 working cores my comp just went dead after a short while .I couldn't start windows and I took it in for repairing my W7. The guy did what he had to do, as technically I dont know much about computers,  and after fixed, when I wanted to start FSX by clicking twice on the icon a msg pops up saying ''FS cannot run due to the version of DirectX is not a 9.0. Pls reinstall DX9.0''.  I got a hard disk for C- drive and a ssd-E where I play FSX from.  There was also a msg popping up saying that side by side the 2 drives aren't equal or something like that but that has stopped appearing. And it doesnt start at all.

Can any good guy please give me advise as to 1. what should I do to fix FSX.  2, If I have to uninstall what is the best way. Can I use the same harddisk and ssd? Also,3, the link to the right DX9 cause the ones I get on the internet dont seem to be the one I'm looking for. 

I'm a bit desperate as I have years of stuff in the sim. My sysyem is:  W7 prof sp1 64b.     I5-7600 @ 3.5Ghz      GTX1050       8G ram 

Thanks a million in advance.

John goncalves

Have you tried running the "Repair" Option?  If you have Acceleration, that should be uninstalled first, or SP1 and SP2 should be uninstalled if no Acceleration.  Pop in Disc 1 and choose Repair.

If you go the route of uninstalling, then refer to these instructions:  https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi there Charlieron, thanks for the help. W7 was totally corrupt. I had to re-install windows from scratch.   Reformated the ssd clean. Now I'm trying to re-install the gold version of fsx. I pop in 1 and 2. Then it asks me to register and as I write in the prod. key and it says its not right. and goes off. If I pop in the accelaration it asks for the registration first. Now I cannot register cause the reg. window doesn't pop up. My fsx version has got 5 dvd's. I'm a bit stuck here.. it's not a fake sim. I believe its the gold edition cause I kept it in the wrong holder. Consists of 5 dvd's. 2 yellow ones deluxe, 1 acceleration, and 2 light blue ones. Which ones are to be installed first?

Thanks.

John.

Edited by jcpg

It sounds like you have a mixture of discs!  FSX Gold Edition consists of 3 discs.  2 for installing FSX (Deluxe) and 1 disc for installing Acceleration.  I would be curious as to where you got the additional 2 discs from?  Did you buy this product new or used from EBay, Amazon????

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The 2 light blue ones could be FSX Real World Training which a lot of people bought with FSX Gold.  In any case the light blue ones are not needed.  You need to install FSX, start FSX and it will ask for a product key.  If it says the key is not right, enter the keys again and make sure they are correct.  Some of the "D's" look like "O's". 

If the product key is accepted, you can now install Acceleration.  Acceleration cannot be installed until FSX has been activated.  If it is a wrong key then you are out of luck unless you purchase FSX-Steam Edition.  FSX-SE is about $25 and contains all of FSX Gold Edition.  This might be your best alternative but Amazon.com has several sellers selling FSX Deluxe from $11.65; FSX Gold from $21.11; and Acceleration from $11.50 - https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Acceleration-Expansion-PC/dp/B000U96L54

I would be wary of anything used as you may not be able to activate.  Depends on how many times the seller used the product key and on how many machines.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks guys. Yes 2 dvd's were from the DeLuxe edition my first sim, then upgraded to Gold edition. They

were mixed up. They're not reproductions. All originals'. I don't believe in fakes, lol.

I got the sim going now. It registered again, No problem. I tried the wrong sequence. Now, maybe  

weeks loading all addons. Hard work. As I had a try at QW787 and seems a bit slow. I'll have to do some

tweaking, I suppose.

I really appreciate the help you 2 guys are always prepared to give. 

John.