Sign in to follow this  
Lenny777

Antarctica for P3Dv4 - Flight Plan Issue

Guys I just purchased (Antarctica) this and I want to do a flight from FACT to NZIR. Does anybody know a source for actual waypoints or a source for some route planning. I tried SimBrief and tried to do a route with Aivlasoft but doesn't recognize NZIR or any of the US air fields. Any help would be appreciated.  

*lol. Spelling faux-pas noted.

Edited by Lenny777

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

There are no public commercial flights to Antarctica (check spelling btw) last time I checked. There are only charter flights and military/research flights. No surprise there is no published routing. 

The most common departure points for charter flights are Chile and Argentina.

My bet is these are routed direct to destination though I have no proof.

EDIT: Skyvector shows routing from Christchurch NZ to Williams Field on McMurdo Sound. Also from Ushuaia, Argentina to TTe Rodolfo Marsh Martin Airport.

Edited by Henry Street

Great Sky Vector it is. I have found out that NZSP is an airport in P3D for Antartica. Fictitious no doubt and managed to get a route in PMDG from FACT to NZSP.

If anyone is interested with an addon airport ORBX's NZQN and using SimBrief will generate a route between there and NZWD McMurdo Williams Field - Antarctica.

Edited by Lenny777
  • Like 1

You are not allowed to fly over Antarctica, everybody knows you will be shot down by the secret Illuminati government force which protects it if you approach it, so that you don't discover that the world is flat. 😜 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here