Sign in to follow this  
LTCSZ

Turboprop Replacement Sound File?

My (current) favorite plane in FS2004 is the DeHavilland DH-7, four engine turboprop...But, I am not real pleased with the sound file,,,Sounds really tinny...Can anyone recommend a replacement sound file that has some realism to it? Thanks...

Steve

7 Miles NW of KGCK

I use the sound file that came with the AFG YS-11, it's obviously a different engine type but nice turboprop sound. The payware Majestic Dash Q-300 sound is also very good. Sounds by Aaron Swindle (mostly shareware) are very well engineered too, check if there is something appropiate.

If you don't like tinny sounds, I would advise against any Dart sound park (such as the NAMC YS-11) because they are screamers!

Any PT6 sound pack should be fairly accurate, so sounds for any of these birds could potentially fit. But are you chasing realism or just wanting something that sounds deep/throaty?

I presume you are using the sounds bundled with Milton Shupe's DHC-7 Dash 7 package that was ported to FS2004? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=111&v=b532e0BibAQ

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 hours ago, ckyliu said:

If you don't like tinny sounds, I would advise against any Dart sound park (such as the NAMC YS-11) because they are screamers!

I assumed that tinny referred to the quality of the sound engineering. A Dart  sound is anything but tinny imo!