Sign in to follow this  
sacwarrior

event record

I've found in 747 FCOM 15.20.56.. explaining the event record button however, after pushing the button I get a fsx window for saving a flight and making it a default setup for future flights. Am I doing something wrong or is this some future update?  

Christopher Cook

I think the event recorder in the real plane is something that saves some data for maintenance - so it is not really something that could be usefully modelled in the sim.  I suggest PMDG put the save dialogue on it as a cheeky use for a button that doesn't have any value in the sim.

4 hours ago, sacwarrior said:

I've found in 747 FCOM 15.20.56.. explaining the event record button however, after pushing the button I get a fsx window for saving a flight and making it a default setup for future flights. Am I doing something wrong or is this some future update?  

Christopher Cook

As Rudy wrote. We use this button the quickly access the sim build in save function. This button has no use in the sim word

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

13 hours ago, sacwarrior said:

I get a fsx window for saving a flight and making it a default setup for future flights.

It would only be the default flight if you checked that as an option, which I would not recommend you do.  The button does the same thing as the save item in the simulator's menu, nothing more or less.

I use it to save a flight that is enroute such as approaching the TOD to give me the option of flying the arrival and approach again.  I always select the same flight/scenario name for this purpose: _ENR 7XX where XX might be 47 or 48 or 77 etc.  The leading underscore means it will be alphabetically sorted to appear at the top of the list.  I reuse the name over and over.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes   I fully realize that if I checked the box for default that it would make the saved flight default...  question was answered.  thank you so very much