Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

nVidia Control Panel and P3Dv4

Its been a long time since I've even thought about changing or looking at default nVidia settings.

Should i be changing any of the default nVidia settings to get the best out of my GPU with P3D?

If I believed every YouTube video out there, I'd be changing all sorts, but I believe HERE is by far the best place for that info.

My card is Asus GTX970. Since installing that card a year or so back, I've change nothing.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

'nuff said.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Agreed!  Don't tweak it.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

There is something you do need to check, the Refresh frequency and the monitor color profile settings … these tie into the capability of your monitor(s).  Optimally you want to use the nVidia color profile with RGB and color range = Full (NOT limited) and 30hz Refresh (if your monitor allows for it, not all monitors work well at 30Hz).  Your NCP color profile options will vary based on the type of monitor connection used, HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D.  HDMI will typically provide more color format options and refresh rate options over any other format. 

If you're running Win10 1809 they've added HDR support also (and a few other visual settings) … so you have two "controlling" elements, NCP and Win10 1809 … I let NCP control my viewing experience.

For example this is how a DVI connection might look:

NCP_DVI.jpg.9aae1275a91d7f9c414f34e040747d7e.jpg

This is an older NCP screenshot for an HDMI connection:

NCP_HDMI.thumb.jpg.331652bbe1d88fed272a70ff5cdae10a.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

Agreed!  Don't tweak it - as said in comments above --

- i disagree!

You have to do the same on Nvidia Inspector as earlier on FSX and StevesDX10 Fixer. As example i have with: 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling much sharper VC-Cockpit Textures and Digits with no cost of Frames. Try it out..and read the "DX10_HowTo" PDF Document from Steve.

On 10/30/2018 at 3:49 AM, Dougal said:

Its been a long time since I've even thought about changing or looking at default nVidia settings.

Should i be changing any of the default nVidia settings to get the best out of my GPU with P3D?

If I believed every YouTube video out there, I'd be changing all sorts, but I believe HERE is by far the best place for that info.

My card is Asus GTX970. Since installing that card a year or so back, I've change nothing.

You definitely need to change the default power management mode setting from "Optimal" to "Prefer maximum performance" or "Adaptive".

"Optimal" is the lowest power option and will try to down-clock your graphics card whenever it can.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.