Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

P3D V4.3 CTD

Upon receiving my first ntdll ctd in several months today I updated necessary drivers and windows, after doing so - I have come across a ctd I haven't seen before. 

I can load into P3D just fine, set up a flight and load it no problem, but as soon as the aircraft is 100% loaded the textures cease to load leaving my flightdeck black and some surrounding areas black also. If I pan around the aircraft for a few seconds the sim will freeze and after about 10 seconds of being in the freeze P3D will CTD. There is no crash log in event viewer.

I thought it might have been the 747 immersion pack for the PMDG 747, however - after disabling that I still get the CTD. 

Deleting the P3D.cfg file and allowing it to rebuild to default values does not help either. 

Several possibilities for the NTDLL.dll error are as follows:

• Objects or textures (AI aircraft or at airport) not compatible with P3DV4
  • Outdated or corrupted hardware drivers.  Run a driver update program.
  • Look for corrupt or missing system files using the System File Checker - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system
  • Recently updated video card drivers?  Reinstall or install the previous version.
  • System overheating? Not common but this can cause this crash)
  • Wrong timings/voltages set for RAM
  • CPU voltages too high or too low
  • Duplicate entries in dll.xml (you most likely have two - one where the p3d.cfg is located and the default is in the same folder as the scenery.cfg).
  • Some have fixed by loading a default aircraft and then the payware.
  • In severe weather conditions, the cmeteoXml.dll will cause this crash no matter the aircraft in use.  The dll evidently does not like heavy weather.  Light to moderate weather, no issues.  This one happened to me with the CS 757-200.  Thought it was ASP4.  Just disable the entry in the dll.xml.
  • I have never heard of the p3d.cfg causing this error but you were right in checking to make sure it was not caused by a corruption in the config.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10