Sign in to follow this  
claudiofalcao

PF3 ATC - Is it worth it?

I don't like it. I use proatc x now. No ATC add-on is perfect. But I have less issues with proatc x

5 minutes ago, MrSpeaker said:

I don't like it. I use proatc x now. No ATC add-on is perfect. But I have less issues with proatc x

OK. Thanks MrSpeaker.

Is there any version for the FS9?

Know nothing of proatc, but really love PF3.  I used RC4 for many years and now love the flexibility of PF3.  It works well for VFR flight too.  Great support and is constantly improving.

You're going to get a nearly equal number of people who advocate for PF3 and ProATCX.  Unfortunately, ProATCX doesn't offer a trial or demo version.  PF3 does so you can try it before you buy it.

I'd like to try ProATCX but I'm not about to spend all that money only to find that I don't like it and then be unable to get my money back.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

22 hours ago, claudiofalcao said:

Is there any version for the FS9?

Not exactly: is just one simple program that connects to either FS9, FSX (no matter if Boxed or Steam) or P3D, as long as it has FSUIPC running. I like it, the vectoring is better than with FS9 default ATC. I also use it for FSX-SE in the same computer.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

On 10/31/2018 at 10:12 AM, Luis Hernandez said:

Not exactly: is just one simple program that connects to either FS9, FSX (no matter if Boxed or Steam) or P3D, as long as it has FSUIPC running. I like it, the vectoring is better than with FS9 default ATC. I also use it for FSX-SE in the same computer.

Hi Luis. 

Are you talking about the ProATCX or PF3?

Is there any ProATCX for FS2004? 

PF3. I have no idea about ProATCX...

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I tried the demo but didn't understand the interface.

34 minutes ago, sascha said:

I tried the demo but didn't understand the interface.

yea  you need  to  spend  abit  more  time  and  effort   in  to get  it  working  compared  to the  others  atc  addons  that  are  out  there

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello.

I've bought it but, it is not installed yet.

Even reading the manual there are some doubts.

Some questions about the PF3 ATC...

Is it possible change the runway (and STAR) during approaching, because of wind or step aside?

Is it possible to use 2X, 4X rate, during the flight?

Best regards.

Cláudio

Edited by claudiofalcao

There are 4 really good YouTube tutorials. It can be a little daunting at first but stick with it.  

You can use time acceleration. 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:31 PM, claudiofalcao said:

Hello.

I've bought it but, it is not installed yet.

Is it possible change the runway (and STAR) during approaching, because of wind or step aside?

You may get more timely support from the PF3 forums - I get good assistance there.  I have been using it again and I can tell you for sure it can change the destination runway midflight depending on weather and/or AI aircraft usage.  I believe STARs need to be manually set up at the start of your flight and can not be modified during your flight.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

If you have no money to spend, try Radar Contact. It's PF3's main competitor. Since the developer was not able to support it anymore, he decided to release it as freeware.

Best regards,

I have both PF3 and radar contact. I use Radar Contact much more with the Meatwater pack. Both have Pro's and cons.

The taxi function in PF3 is great. The options and customizations are great. The amount of voice accents for global regions is nice. The cons with PF3 are the voice sets are robotic sounding with incorrect pronunciations from different voice sets. For instance Allegiant is pronounced Ally Giant. PF3 requires more interaction and flight preparation. So unless you have a copilot, be prepared for more workload.

Radar Contact is now free. I wish more vendors that discontinue FS9 products offered this. Thank you John and Doug for doing that. Everything is much easier with RC. set your options and go. You can hit Control k and the co pilot handles everything while you just fly. The Meatwater pack provides realistic voice sets. you still have occasional mis pronunciations like in PF3. An example is Chautauqua. It pronounced in some voice sets as Shiteekkwa.

Both provide AI interaction. PF3 will only interact with AI aircraft where RC will interact with AI and provide ATC fill to provide a higher level of immersion. Both do not have updated callsigns. RC does have a number of callsigns where PF3 tends to give more phonetic alphabet for a number of airline callsigns.

Bottom line is both work great. it depends on what pros and cons you are looking for and can deal with.

• Upvote 1