Sign in to follow this  
Natman22

Carenado Citation II 550 Native VR GTN 750 issue

Is anyone else having a problem with the GTN 750 touchscreen not responding to mouse cursor inputs in Native VR with the new Carenado Cessna Citation 550?  I am using oculus Rift and the latest versions of the GTN and the latest final X-plane version pre 11.3 beta. 

‘The panel mounted GTN screen looks a little “grayed out” like is has one of those thin plastic protective films over it like you would peel off of a new TV before you could watch it. The image is there but you cannot get past the first “continue” page after the GTN boots up. The mouse cursor remains an arrow and will not highlight an area to click anywhere on the face of the GTN. You can however click on the small buttons and dials on the bezel of the GTN. If you open the plug-in menu and activate the GTN pop-up display for the floating dock window in VR, you can input data and operate the unit normally from the floating dock. The panel mounted unit mirrors the inputs and changes made on the floating dock but the display remains grayed out and does not respond to direct mouse cursor inputs. What’s also strange is when I use Flyinside VR, which I still prefer over Native, the panel mounted GTN 750 looks and works just like it is supposed to but the two sets of Primary Flight Displays and radios remain cold and dark in the VR cockpit. When you click on the dark  PFD displays the pop-ups of those instruments do appear on the desktop monitor, displaying properly while remaining dark in the VR headset.  I’ve tried  removing the other plug ins etc and posted the log files over on the X-plane 11 Carenado  Payware support forum if anyone cares to take a look. I also put in a support ticket with Carenado and they couldn’t reproduce the issue. I would include the logs here but I am not near my sim computer. If I can edit this post and upload them tonight I will. Thanks for any suggestions. 

I just bought the Carenado Citation II 550 recently and have the same exact issues your having with the GTN 750 both in Flyinside (Working but Dark PFD) and (Non clickable screen) in native VR . I can't believe that only you and I are having this issue and that it hasn't been addressed here or anywhere that I can find. I'm asking everyone out there. Has anyone else had this problem? And is there a fix for it?    

Hi,

The first message is old now and I'm sorry it went under the radar.

Since then the GTN v2.5.12 update has added support for the native VR controller on the touchscreen. However it seems when you enable X-Plane 'VR Mouse' it disables the VR controller. You might want to cross check whether you've enabled this setting.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi,

All I want is to use the mouse curser on the GTN 750 touch screen in VR. (Like with  FlyInside) Without the hidden Rift touch controller overlay getting in the way. It works fine when not in VR. I only fly in VR so I no longer use the GTN 750 in the newest X Plane 11, I hope this somehow gets worked out.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:33 PM, joeaknox said:

I hope this somehow gets worked out.

Hi, hope won't do anything in this case unfortunately. However sending a bug report to the XPlane devs about the VR controllers not active when "Use mouse VR" or about the XPlane SDK not offering any "VR controller/mouse" event, might help better.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On 5/30/2019 at 8:33 PM, joeaknox said:

Without the hidden Rift touch controller overlay getting in the way

Can you please further explain what this is?

Can you confirm whether you've disabled "VR Mouse" X-Plane setting and whether this works this way?