Sign in to follow this  
Branech

Garmin Trainer 750 - error 1721 (resolved)

Hello,

I first asked for help to f1 who referred me to this forum.

I cannot instal the Garmin Trainer 750 for use Garmin 750 in P3D V4. I have always the error message 1721...

I tryed to register at f1 "Registering your product for support access" without succes.

I have Windows 10.

What can I do ?

Attachments https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3r0t1x402e2k0j9/AADwLlFp6Iv2Pj8Of8juSi8Ga?dl=0

Edited by RXP
Edited out photo with serial

G

-ASAP First thing You should do is to remove your info and serial numbers from Your Dropbox pictures.

For Your problem registering the product. Open a ticket on f1.

For error message 1721. Are You running the GTN Trainer installer as Administrator? (Right Click and choose Run as Administrator)
Hope that helps

Edited by RXP

10 hours ago, Branech said:

I first asked for help to Flight1 who referred me to this forum.

There are two different GTN 750 products available on the f1 site.  One is f1s own product. The other is the Reality XP GTN 750 product.  As a fellow end user like you. I frequent this RXP forum on Avsim and have not noted from others an issue that you describe. My experience is of course not exclusive, as we all have different systems, and thus different experiences.  My first question of you is obvious. Are you installing the f1 GTN 750? Or are you installing the RXP GTN 750?  They are two different products.  Please verify...  You will find help here!

Edited by RXP

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi,

First don't ever install nor run anything as admin unless it is an admin related task/app.

Now, the popup error message says error 1721 and also mentions DirectXSetup.

It sounds like there is a problem installing DirectX on your system.

I'd suggest you first manually install DirectX using the Microsoft Installer:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Once done, please proceed with the RXP installer.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello,

In fact, there was confusion because I also own the RealityXP GTN750 from f1. The product I cannot install with the error message 1721 for the installation of the Garmin trainer, is f1's.

I tried to intall the RealityXP GTN750, but this software does not seem compatible with the XP GLJ  Learjet Model 25D aircraft.

I tried to intall DirectX using the Microsoft Installer, but I have always the error 1721 with the installation of the Garmin GTN Trainer for f1 GTN 750 P3D V4.

Edited by RXP

G

2 hours ago, Branech said:

The product I cannot install with the error message 1721 for the installation of the Garmin trainer, is f1's.

Interesting. Was that clear to f1 when they sent you here?

Edited by RXP

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch is the genuine RXP product.

It is only unfortunate our e-commerce procurement partner adds to the confusion.

Now back on topic, do we understand you're trying to install a trainer which gives this error message, and this trainer is for another product than RXP's? (I'd guess Trainer v6.21 in this case isn't it?)

Is installing the Reality XP GTN product ok, so is the GTN Trainer 6.50 which the Reality XP GTN product installer downloads and supports?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

When I try to install the f1, I see a message who ask me to download the Garmin Trainer 6.21 on their servers.

With the Reality XP GTN product installation, all is OK, but With XP GLJ  Learjet Model 25D aircraft, P3D V4 Crash.

Edited by RXP

G

19 minutes ago, Branech said:

With the Reality XP GTN product installation, all is OK,

This is a relief!

As for the LJ25D, I'd first start looking if there is a newer version just to make sure both RXP and XP products are up to date. Then you might want to provide more information: is there any error message displayed when it CTDs? any entry in a log file? Can you report the content RXP log files (see User's Manual for file/path).

Could someone please help me with solving, a problem i have, getting my GTN to work . i have installed succesfully, and the hardware is in the plane ,but no life in it! A popup window comes every time i open the sim saying cannot find path. I have tried many times to direct it to the right folder, D-Drive/Lockheed Martin/ f 1 g t n  but no succes!

Edited by RXP

@anbrod1 This is the support forum for the genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch.

It seems you are looking for support for a product which just happen to have a similar name but it is not a genuine Reality XP product.