Sign in to follow this  
sloppysmusic

Chase Plane instantly hangs with A2A L049 Connie

I got ChasePlane a few days ago and it has transformed my experience to a whole new level with all the planes I have tested so far.

Have setup RealAir, FlySimWare and A2A planes successfully so far.

Only problem at moment is that CP instantly hangs when I load the A2A Connie (all other A2A birds are fine). Loading another plane will fix it immediately. The sim is not affected itself although the mouse goes juddery until I shut CP down or load another aircraft.

The Connie is EXACTLY the type of plane CP suits best so I hope I can get it working soon!

CP crashes whether using the stable or experimental versions makes no difference.

Task Manager shows 10% use - CP doesnt crash if I force stop it asks am I sure. Just completely suspended interface while the Connie is loaded in my sim.

Can you see from my logs what the issue is? Thanks!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

You can generate a report file from the preferences and send the file over to us at the address mentionned at the top of the file. We’ll have a look at that!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

8 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

You can generate a report file from the preferences and send the file over to us at the address mentionned at the top of the file. We’ll have a look at that!

Hi

sent report after an interesting session...

Chaseplane is in total hang state whenever sim is ACTIVE with L049 on screen.

This session started with Lancair Legacy

Switched to Connie

Chaseplane UI non-responsive in every way

Went back to select plane from menu and then bizarrely CP came alive again and the Connie appeared in the UI PLUS I could import views from other aircraft.

This took about 15/30 seconds to happen, had to be patient for UI to come alive

As soon as I canceled select aircraft and went back to sim UI was hung again. My GLOBAL shortcuts worked so problem is not so much the app engine but the UI itself. Totally unresponsive. Went back to select aircraft and after a few seconds I had control back and added shortcut to switch between interior and exterior views when back in sim. Of course these are useless at the moment as import is from a C-47 and views all need adjusting to be any use but ac size in similar ball park.

Back in sim with Connie moved airport to NZQN. At about 60% load the UI came alive again until 80% when went dead. I presume the sim is in a 'dead zone' between 2 sessions at that point?

So when got to NZQN loaded up the LearJet and everything working great again. Generated report after loading Lear.

There seem to be a LOT of hot corner messages in that report file I didn't notice when peaking before!

Good luck working this one out!

I just thought of a workaround to getting connie views temporarily...

Gonna load Connie go back to select AC screen again to bring UI back alive THEN try import from the COMMUNITY section which should have some good views, even if not my own custom ones...which would be impossible to edit without doing so blindly without the sim on screen.

RESULT:

IMPORTING views from community WORKS but of course I cannot preview them. If I can get good left and right glancing views I can probably fly the plane. Need make notes as once in the sim I can switch between views but cannot see there names, lots of guesswork here!

So anyway there's some info for you. UI is DEAD whenever views are alive in sim, but works fine when NOT in sim and in aircraft select screens.

END FLIGHT leaves the UI still DEAD with L049 shown as selected. Selecting a NEW plane and loading the sim back UNHANGS the UI after a delay of approx 30 seconds.

Another major problem I mentioned before stops me using my imported views in the sim as the MOUSE is severely laggy while the UI is hung. We talking down to 10fps not 30-60fps refresh rate. So wont be able to use mouse in VC very well at all.

Oh well I tried..please figure this one out I am too hooked on your app to fly the Connie or any other plane without it now (although Connie is the ONLY one with issues. All PMDG ac worked fine last night for me).

NOTE: When UI is in hang state the window itself is also frozen in W10. Cannot move or select it or anything.

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Wow, very interesting bu you have there!

I'll have a look at that and update accordingly. Thanks for your report!

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I just wanted to post, I'm having a very similar problem.  Using P3Dv4.2  and the Connie is the only aircraft I have that doesnt work with Chaseplane.  The Chaseplane GUI just hangs when I try to run it after loading the Connie.  If I have a different aircraft selected, run Chaseplane and then load the Connie, I cannot select the Chaseplane window.  I have over 20 aircraft that work without problems except this one.  Is there any special camera coding you use that might be causing the conflict?  I'd really like to get this to work with Chaseplane!

Alan

Edited by Jetstar2

1 hour ago, Jetstar2 said:

I just wanted to post, I'm having a very similar problem.  Using P3Dv4.2  and the Connie is the only aircraft I have that doesnt work with Chaseplane.  The Chaseplane GUI just hangs when I try to run it after loading the Connie.  If I have a different aircraft selected, run Chaseplane and then load the Connie, I cannot select the Chaseplane window.  I have over 20 aircraft that work without problems except this one.  Is there any special camera coding you use that might be causing the conflict?  I'd really like to get this to work with Chaseplane!

Alan

Alan relieved it is not just me! Does L049 show in CP window even though you cannot select it? Although we use different sims have you tried ending the flight and going back to the main menu AFTER selecting the Connie? When I do that CP comes alive again and I can configure the Connie although I cannot see what I am doing of course!

If you are the same as me there then we know it is a cross-sim related problem which might help Kevin solve it!

Just wondering if it has anything to do with COTS (Captain Of The Ship) as that is kind of a sim within a sim reading all your inputs or the aircrafts and storing the info to judge you later and trigger passenger reactions. Do you or does anyone have any other COTS aircraft they could try with CP to eliminate this one possible reason for failure?

Actually the B377 is the only other plane. I do not have it or I would try myself.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Testing video #1

Edited by Jim Young
Embedded video.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hey Sloppysmusic, I tried your suggestion of quitting to the main menu after selecting the Connie and it does work, as Chaseplane  doesn't hanging anymore.  Unfortunately, when I try to load the flight again from the main menu, the mouse acts strangely, and I cannot access the Chaseplane GUI unless I exit to main menu again.

Alan

• Upvote 1

Hi!

Try as an experiment, remove from the aircraft.cfg  file  (A2A Connie folder) all sections [CameraDefinition.XXX]. Backup this aircraf.cfg to bring back if this experiment does not help solve the problem.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

The chance of both of you having the same exact issue is very slim. @Jetstar2, can you generate and send me a report file after the freeze? I'll compare both an try to match causes that way.

7 hours ago, Nickbe said:

Try as an experiment, remove from the aircraft.cfg  file  (A2A Connie folder) all sections [CameraDefinition.XXX]. Backup this aircraf.cfg to bring back if this experiment does not help solve the problem.

This is not the issue in the current case. It would not cause CP to freeze like that.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Quick test result. i replaced the ENTIRE Connie aircraft.cfg with the C47 freeware one except of course the first title lines.

Plane loaded up fine but interface still freezes. So it cant be anything in the aircraft.cfg then am I right? as the title info is just livery and basic info?

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Keven, I tried generating a report, and it says "A Report Was Generated On Your Desktop", yet I don't see a report anywhere...

Alan

Keven, using 4.204.

Alan