Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Cessna 182 and Costa Rican strip

I came across this vid of a C182 landing on a strip in Costa Rica.  I found it interesting.  See also the gator at 1:28, and -- although it may be an optical illusion, people are standing casually near the landing aircraft at 3:35:

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Cargo was a Sam's Club 20 Mega Pak of Charmin Ultra Strong toilet paper!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Definitely a Gator there!  I was told when I was flying out of West Palm Beach airport on my way to Dallas that sometimes gators would hold departing traffic on the runway...

John

Skills without a doubt.

However, that is not a "gator".  It's a caiman. 
Gators only exist in the U.S. and China.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Hi Folks,

This guy was active over on the A2A forums for a bit - someone even painted his paint on the A2A model if I recall correctly - he's since moved to the Pacific Northwest and films there regularly... All your typical bush stuff -  off airport landings with water assisted braking - truly amazing... Check his channel - seriously... Now if we could only get A2A to rig out their Skylane as a bush plane...

Oh - he has a much nicer paint job on the plane now as well...

Regards,
Scott 

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7